• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

My Latest Purchase (or just pictures of your current guns)

ryan1234

Also I just found this out, but Travis Haley left Magpul to form his own company. He also runs his own courses now.
http://www.haleystrategic.com/training.php

From what I have read he left on good terms and still helps out at Magpul, so it looks like either one would be a great option if its in an area you can attend.

Looks like they're both going to be in LA in the next couple months... definitely an option... thanks! Maybe get some of the AW crew together in VA and do a course there?

yak52driver

Contributor
Has anyone had any experience with Tactical Response down in Camden, TN? I've been considering taking the Carbine course early next year. (Not enough leave left at work to take it this year).

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
A quick and dirty cell phone pic. It's on a recycled Spike's lower at the moment, but with a nice new SSA trigger.

I finally got to go shoot it today. Sadly, my application of Locktite was piss poor and I chased my tail for a bit trying to zero. It's no doubt more accurate than I am, but still, a fun way to spend the afternoon.

Attachments

• NoveskeLW.JPG
    NoveskeLW.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 42

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I finally got the rifle I ordered while on my last deployment...

24" #7, M852 throated, threaded barrel, Nanners T4 stock, Leupold Mk4 6.5-20 TMR, Harris bipod (already had it). I had it built by Tactical Rifles while I was gone (they take forever) and it showed up yesterday. They guarantee it to 1/2 MOA, but my buddy has an almost identical rifle that shoots well under that. Now I just need to find the time to break it in. Next deployment... I get the suppressor for it.

Attachments

• photo-1.JPG
    photo-1.JPG
    276.4 KB · Views: 66

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
I'm going to be highly pissed if you go out and shoot that thing without inviting me.

You may not see your dirtbike again.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
This is what happens if you're not careful at gun shows. This is mid-detail-stripped cleaning, though most of the cleaning is was the preservative on the metal. It's a rebuild, but the the barrel, receiver and op rod are all Underwood. Haven't found a proof mark on the trigger group yet, but I'm pretty sure it's not Underwood.

Oh, and for those that watch Top Shot, I saw "Jamie Franks" from Season 2 at the show....getting into line like the rest of us, except he had his green Top Shot polo on. Something wasn't adding up on the show, and seeing him in a non-official role at a gun show with his shirt on kind of cemented that gut feeling I had. But I digress...

M1C.stripped.JPG

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
Went to Ye Olde Local Gun Shoppe today looking at compact handguns flavored in 9mm. Had every intention of just handling some guns and learning as much as I could, so when I came back from OCS, I could buy myself an "I Love Me" gift. Well, at the very end of my visit to the petting zoo, I spied a lonely Walther P99 for a great price and walked out of the store a few hundred dollars poorer. Range report will follow as soon as I can get to the range.

EDIT: For those not familiar with the P99: http://www.jamesbondlifestyle.com/index_gadgets.php?m=ga&g=ga005

Sapper!

Excuse the BS...
Picked this up a couple days ago. Factory refurb SIG 229 in .40

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    835.3 KB · Views: 51

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Just picked up a NIB Gen 3 G17 and it looks like ever other of the millions of Glocks out there :) Replaced my XD45c with it..nothing wrong with the XD but I shoot my guns a lot and .45 ammo is expensive so it sat most of the time (I don't reload, not yet anyway). So it is now my home defense hand gun and my G19 is my EDC.

120118_0003.jpg

120118_0004.jpg

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
So...my career starter loan is paid off, another one of my college loans bit the dust a couple months back, our kitchen remod is paid for, my savings account just says straight up awesome for the total and I'm raking in the tax free, living like a boss in a deeeluxe 8x15 shipping container. P-3s ain't what they used to be, but I digress.

Like any financially savvy DINKJO, I decided to get myself a present for when I come home from the sandlot. Cars depreciate too damn fast, and I can't order one off the internets and guarantee the she devil won't drive it, so I bought another gun! I was thinking about a CZ-75 SP-01, mostly because I want a heavy ass commie pistol with a reputation for running like a banshee, but I decided to be Amurrican as hell and buy my first 1911. Ordered one of these off of Buds yesterday:
43759.jpg

Can you say fuck and yes? I can. Can't wait to shoot it. The CZ will probably be purchased post deployment. Thinking the grips are coming off, and a couple wilson magazines will be waiting for it when I get home. It was between this and the Remington R1 enhanced, which I was leaning toward initially mostly because it's 100% made in the USA (SA's 1911 frame is forged by Imbel in Brazil, with the slide and final assembly being done in the US), and it's a little bit cheaper but SA's rep for awesome customer service, plus not liking the sights on the R1 and the fact that I think this one is just plain old purttier means Springfield Armory for the win!

gaijin6423

Ask me about ninjas!
I picked up a Loaded SA 1911 for a song at--yeah, I know, I know--a pawn shop near Cherry Point. Brand new, never fired, and the store owner was trying to move some inventory. I've shot it in USPSA single stack, and it shoots like a damn laser. I debated changing the grips on mine when I replaced the mainspring housing, but so far I've had great results with the stock cocobolo ones. I do not believe that you'll be disappointed.

As far as magazines go, I use mainly a mix of Wilsons and CMC power mags. I do, however, have two Cerberus Tactical 8 rounders which are hands down the best 1911 magazines I've ever used.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Bunk's post reminded me of my Xmas present. After trying to deal with a douchebag at a local gun store (that caters to cops, so yeah...you can imagine the attitude not being LE), I finally went with GT Distributors for a Blue Label purchase. Would WHOLEHEARTEDLY recommend them if you're interested.

Anywho, here's my G17 Gen 4. It will eventually get some night sights, but for now, it will work as a class/desert gun. ~250 problem free rounds so far, so I think the spring issue has been solved, at least for me.

Glock17.JPG

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Bunk's post reminded me of my Xmas present. After trying to deal with a douchebag at a local gun store (that caters to cops, so yeah...you can imagine the attitude not being LE), I finally went with GT Distributors for a Blue Label purchase. Would WHOLEHEARTEDLY recommend them if you're interested.

Anywho, here's my G17 Gen 4. It will eventually get some night sights, but for now, it will work as a class/desert gun. ~250 problem free rounds so far, so I think the spring issue has been solved, at least for me.

View attachment 10544

Nice, I never thought I'd be a Glock fan boy but I'm loving my Glocks!!!

Rocketman

Rockets Up
Contributor
Nice, I never thought I'd be a Glock fan boy but I'm loving my Glocks!!!

Check. I felt exactly the same way when I bought my Gen 2 G19 (bought it new). Years and many thousands of rounds later it still works like a champ. I haven't detail cleaned it more than 4 or 5 times over the years and it's never once failed to work exactly as it should. I really like my G21SF too but my G19 is something special.