• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

My Latest Purchase (or just pictures of your current guns)

C420sailor

Former Rhino Bro
pilot
DPMS makes a solid rifle. I have a SS bull barreled NM rifle from them and it's a tack driver. I just want to get a nice compensator put on it and a real trigger job too.

Rocketman

Rockets Up
Contributor
I've got one just like that. I love KISS carbines. Midwest Industries makes a short picatinny rail which when combined with a Vltor Scout Mount will allow you to securely mount a Surefire along the bottom centerline of the handguard. Requires no mod of the handguard and it's plenty solid.

I really like Magpul's MOE handguards on a KISS carbine too. (more mounting slots) I've gotten over the whole free float rail thing and the MOE gives you plenty of options for mounting lights without all the weight and expense. Looks cool and you can't beat it for $30.00 ish. Of course once you have one of those the Magpul CTR butt stock starts to look like a good idea too.....Keeping a KISS Carbine KISS is hard to do.

http://www.midwestindustriesinc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_id=93

http://www.vltor.com/vltor-mountables.htm

KISSMount.jpg

H60Gunner

Contributor
Did you do the DPMS kit or order the individual parts? I have a lower from them and am looking to build it up.

Bought a complete lower then had to wait for a chrome lined barrel upper. I have another in work but its all individual parts, might go wildcat with it.

H60Gunner

Contributor
I've got one just like that. I love KISS carbines. Midwest Industries makes a short picatinny rail which when combined with a Vltor Scout Mount will allow you to securely mount a Surefire along the bottom centerline of the handguard. Requires no mod of the handguard and it's plenty solid.

I really like Magpul's MOE handguards on a KISS carbine too. (more mounting slots) I've gotten over the whole free float rail thing and the MOE gives you plenty of options for mounting lights without all the weight and expense. Looks cool and you can't beat it for $30.00 ish. Of course once you have one of those the Magpul CTR butt stock starts to look like a good idea too.....Keeping a KISS Carbine KISS is hard to do.

Thats pretty neat and clean. Do you use a single point attachment sling? How's the balance with that light?

Rocketman

Rockets Up
Contributor
Yea it is clean, rugged and very light weight so you don't even know it's out there. You can buy all kinds of pad switches etc to turn the light off and on with but with this set up I just use the back of my left hand to push the button off and on.

I use a two point sling almost always. I'm short and I hate the way a single point lets the weapon bang my leg when I move. On this rifle I actually use some ranger cord with a loop tied in it wrapped tightly between the hand guard and the delta ring. Works great as a front sling attachment.

That said on a couple of my AR's I've started using a COLT FRONT SLING MOUNT just like what's issued on the M-4. It's easy to put on, is light weight and is pretty much bomb proof. It goes directly around the barrel under the front sight assembly.

http://dynamicarmament.com/items/ar...mount-colt-sling-front-sling-mount-detail.htm

COLTFRONTSLINGMOUNT.jpg

NozeMan

Are you threatening me?
pilot
Super Moderator
My new toy

I decided to join the 1911 world. This was definitely the way to do it:

411534887.jpg

Did plenty of shopping around for 1911s in that price range, this won hands down.

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
I decided to join the 1911 world. This was definitely the way to do it:

Did plenty of shopping around for 1911s in that price range, this won hands down.

Well done on your Kimber Stainless II.

I have well over 5,000 rounds on my Custom II (the blued version of your gun) and not a single problem.

You will want some good 8 round mags to go with it. The Wilson Combat 47D's or ETM's are excellent.

Goober

Professional Javelin Catcher
None
Nice piece, Noze. I picked up a standard Custom II back in the fall. Couldn't be happier with it, and it is by far the most accurate thing I've ever shot. Your stainless is a nice upgrade.

@Bevo - it's a Kimber.

NozeMan

Are you threatening me?
pilot
Super Moderator
I was actually in the store to get the blued Custom II, but ended up with the stainless. I like how Kimber's stainless models aren't as "shiny" as some other brands. The gun is definitely more accurate than I am. Hopefully I can put a few more rounds through it tomorrow. So far it's ran great on the factory mag that came with it, I also added some of Kimber's ProTac mags to the mix. I'll probably add some Chip McCormicks in there eventually.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
It's my birthday ... sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo .... my birthday present to myself:

852.0.jpg

Smith 'Triple Lock' ... 97% ... .44 Special ... the heartbeat of America ... rock on.