• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

My Latest Purchase (or just pictures of your current guns)

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
It's probably equal parts recoil assist and "don't turn the *** around muzzle awareness..
The latter for sure. As for recoil assist, it’s a spicy .22 for sure, but it’s not THAT spicy. Hence the “stock above shoulder” TTP, also on display.

Hair Warrior

Contributor
The latter for sure. As for recoil assist, it’s a spicy .22 for sure, but it’s not THAT spicy. Hence the “stock above shoulder” TTP, also on display.
Likely firing on automatic, based on the fire selector indicator as well as the 2 brass casings in the air at the same time.

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
Holy mother of God. Thats so inexcusably awful that I hope it turns out to be photoshopped or something.

If it’s real, I don’t know who I’m more disappointed in- the captain, for shooting a rifle with an optic he clearly can’t see through, or the armorer for setting up the rifle that way in the first place. Or the RSO for not doing something about “hey, that looks different…”

This speaks volumes to the USN’s complete lack of regard for small arms. Unless you’re a SEAL, the attitude seems to be that small arms are somehow a.) beneath us and 2.) too dangerous and complicated to ever be understood, even by people who operate far more complicated weapon systems (e.g. fighter pilots who are not permitted to load their combat-carry pistols).
1712749025917.gif

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
Holy mother of God. Thats so inexcusably awful that I hope it turns out to be photoshopped or something.

If it’s real, I don’t know who I’m more disappointed in- the captain, for shooting a rifle with an optic he clearly can’t see through, or the armorer for setting up the rifle that way in the first place. Or the RSO for not doing something about “hey, that looks different…”

This speaks volumes to the USN’s complete lack of regard for small arms. Unless you’re a SEAL, the attitude seems to be that small arms are somehow a.) beneath us and 2.) too dangerous and complicated to ever be understood, even by people who operate far more complicated weapon systems (e.g. fighter pilots who are not permitted to load their combat-carry pistols).
This was on DDG-56...

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I mean, you can look through a VCOG backwards if it's at 1x.

If I had to guess, this was a joke. One that either the Captain was in on or one the GMs played on him. If this was truly a DDG, I'd say 50/50 on either scenario. Never under-estimate the attention a Captain scorned can bring upon himself.

My bigger question is why was there a VCOG onboard? It doesn't look like it's a SCO (standard Trijicon mount) and that looks like a Navy M4 vice a Marine M4 (no toys and a non-ambi safety), so the whole situation is weird.

EDIT: Looks like it is a Larue mount, so it may be a SCO. Originally I figured this was a Gator if it was a SCO, but if it was a DDG, I guess they must have had a DET aboard.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Also, is it just me, or does it look like the top portion of the RAS isn't fully seated in the delta ring?

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
I looked at my M5 RAS in my safe and compared to pic - the M4 RAS in this pic is definitely not seated correctly!

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
There's a cloner's group on Facebook where someone posted a clone correct version of the Captain's weapon. I was amused.

Hair Warrior

Contributor
There's a cloner's group on Facebook where someone posted a clone correct version of the Captain's weapon. I was amused.
kaminoan_visit.jpg

Hair Warrior

Contributor
What was the Captain shooting at if he is qualifying? Looks like there'd just be water.
He was firing on automatic and someone was touching his shoulder, therefore he could not have been qualifying. When the Navy does shooting quals aboard ship, sailors shoot at paper targets.