• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

My GPA

Status
Not open for further replies.

erhead81

I am currently a senior in college. I will graduate with a bachelors in Psychology. My only major problem is my GPA is a 2.8. The recruiter told me that there are ways to work around it, but I was wondering if I really had a chance. Does anyone know?

I hope so. I am graduating in April and I currently have a 3.0. I've already applied twice though and didn't get in. So, I'm trying to work hard and get it up but I'm so busy it's so hard! Grrrr....

utrico

Applying for OCS
GPA is definately important but you won't know anything unless you apply and find out for yourself. I graduated Aerospace Engineering with a 2.5 and I got offered a Rio spot but not a pilot spot and the rest of my app was pretty good. The Marines focus much less on GPA so you might consider that as an option. That is what I am doing.

NeoCortex

Castle Law for all States!!!
pilot
you also have to take into account the rest of your package. LORs, ASBT, extracurricular activitest, leadership roles...

The board looks at more than just your GPA.

Ben

Nukes Pilot Wife

GPA is important. If you're in ROTC then you have more opportunities to shine in other areas. Technical majors get extra GPA points to help them out. I was a Physics major and had some trouble with GPA due to problems with family illness, professors losing exams, etc, and I made up any non-passing grade on my own, by paying to retake the class over winter, and I made it known to my Officer Insructors so they knew what was going on. I really do think that by keeping them informed, I was able to keep my scholarship and get my commission. Plus, I did good/excellent on PFTs, I was a very active participate in my unit, and showed that I am clearly Officer material. ASTB scores helped! Your desire to do what you're requesting really helps. In the service selection package there's a page for you to answer "Why do you want ___(be a pilot, be a SWO, be a Nuke, SEAL, etc)____" and I filled it up with th experiences I had with pilots on MIDN Summer Cruises, how I can take and overcome challenges even when things don't look good (as seen by my choosing a Physics major), that my future goals are to go into space and how being a piot is that much more important to me...and I supported that with volunteer & research work I did with NASA...It all helped the board decide whether I should/shouldn't be a pilot. I certainly do know that my barely passing GPA did NOT help me at all but I still got pilot. I may have been an exception, but that's my advice on GPA.

Status
Not open for further replies.