• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

My FNAEB Experience (or How I Let My Personal Issues Get In The Way)

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
Looking on info about the FNAEB process. I want to know if you can request one in order to change T/M/S. For example, if you were in the HM community during LT Van Dorn’s mishap and wanted to declare you lost confidence in the platform, and were not voluntarily terminating status but requesting to change platforms. Anyone every heard of this? Per the instruction change to new platform can only be determined by TYCOM, so I imagine the request would have to go to CNAF?
In my JO tour we had a guy who had previously been an airline pilot. He purposefully selected Rotary Wing because he wanted something new and challenging. Turns out, he hated flying low and TERFing - particularly at night - and he requested a redesignation of platform (but not via the FNAEB process). He officially said he thought Navy RW was too dangerous for his threshold and that he didn't like the way we used ORM and requested to go to P-8s. The Navy flatly denied his request and he was shown the door.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
He officially said he thought Navy RW was too dangerous for his threshold and that he didn't like the way we used ORM and requested to go to P-8s.
That’s a bold strategy, Cotton . . .

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
That’s a bold strategy, Cotton . . .
Yeah, didn't work out well for him in Navy. I'm not sure if he ever had to pay anything back, but FWIW, this was 2014 and he got back on with an AA regional... I'm sure he's fine now.

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
@BeardPapa I don't think the FNAEB process is for what you're talking about. If you want to swap communities, there's a process for that. If you don't feel safe flying with your community, you can VOLTERM your flight status and serve the Navy some other way.

@DanMa1156 Pretty sure I know that dude, he was roommates with my buddy in HTs. I think he flew at Skywest and now is on at a major.

BT BT

Sometimes I don't appreciate how relatively difficult it is to wing, be successful In the fleet, production tour, LCDR, DH. Like we joke about just needing a pulse to make DH, but of the 8 1390s in my commissioning class, only 5 winged (one after a penalty lap in SWO-land), and 3 went to production shore tours, and 1 or 2 are staying in for DH. Like, yikes.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Sometimes I don't appreciate how relatively difficult it is to wing, be successful In the fleet, production tour, LCDR, DH. Like we joke about just needing a pulse to make DH, but of the 8 1390s in my commissioning class, only 5 winged (one after a penalty lap in SWO-land), and 3 went to production shore tours, and 1 or 2 are staying in for DH. Like, yikes.

Good point. As far as I know, I'm the only one of the 6 in mine that is even still affiliated with the Navy, let alone actively flying. And I declined OP DH in 2018. So basically 0 of us now.