• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

My ASTB Results

pensfan341

Just got my ASTB test results back, I only took the OAR section of the test and got a 47.

Not happy with the score....

I think I really struggled on the mechanical comprehension. I knew some of them from studying the various gouges, study guides, and links out there. But there were quite a few that i had literally no idea on.

I studied a fair deal for the math section. I think I did alright on this although I did run out of time.

Paragraph comprehension was tricky, but I thought I did well on it.

Okay, as I see it i have two options.

#1: Apply for BDCP now, retake the ASTB test in 30 days, and if I am not accepted with these scores apply again.

#2. Retake the ASTB test in 30 days and apply with my new scores.

I am applying for Supply, BTW

Can you apply for BDCP (or OCS) as many times as you want, as long as it is with good reason?

Anybody have any insight or advice as to what I should do?

kidday03

I am under the impression that you can apply over and over. My husband got accepted on his first time, but there were others in his OCS class and Supply class that submitted 4 or 5 times before they got picked up. I am about to take the OAR and submit my package as well. My recruiter told me that he will submit my package if I get a 43 or above. I am prior service though and have a very strong package, even if I dont do super great on the test. You should submit it now and then if you need to retake it in the future. A 47 isn't horrible and why wait if you have a chance of getting selected? Just my thoughts, I am going to submit as long as my score is 43 or above and if they say no, i'll retake and submit again!

Moc1Sig

pilot
Contributor
I am BDCP SNA, i took it once got 50 6/7/6 applied and was a non-select. took the test again and got a 65 7/8/8 i believe and was selected. we debated wether to send it in the first time, but while I did I constantly worked to improve my app in other areas, 4.0 semester gpa and new LOr's helped. I know supply focuses on the OAR score and 47 i would say is competitive enough for supply from what i have seen. To improve my score i just studied the logistics of the the mech. comp. questions and asked friend that did well in physics ect. plus knowing what to expect from the test helped alot second round. applying bdcp your still in school and have time, so submit and if not just have alot of things better or next time around. g' luck and remember the best time to apply is now.