• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

My 60th b-day is in a few days…please gift me more FLY NAVY bumper stickers…

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
Thanks, dude.

Currently headed to VFW Post 3323 in Westland, MI to get wings…and add more tons…

…and just hit the Garden City skatepark just down the street from VFW Post 3323…to compensate for the added tons…

IMG_4351.jpeg

IMG_4352.jpeg

Random8145

Curious, is your Ford Interceptor a vehicle from your time as a policeman that they let you keep or did you acquire it from elsewhere?

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
Curious, is your Ford Interceptor a vehicle from your time as a policeman that they let you keep or did you acquire it from elsewhere?
My 2007 Ford Police Interceptor is not from my time as Cincinnati Police Officer which was from 2004 to 2006. It would have been cool to purchase (at auction) any one of the many 1999 to 2001 Ford Police Interceptors that I routinely drove on patrol…but I went a different route and went on a mission to purchase a NEW 2007 Ford Police Interceptor in 2007 after I had returned to Delta Air Lines from pilot furlough. Why NEW? One day prior to patrol while still a Cincinnati Police Officer, I was accidentally assigned a NEW 2006 Ford Police Interceptor with about 50 miles on it…fresh paint, fresh stickers, fresh interior, fresh cop stuff, fresh everything!!! IT WAS AMAZING!!! Unfortunately, halfway through my patrol shift, the supervisors realized that they had assigned “THE 40 YEAR OLD ROOKIE” a NEW cop car. BLASPHEMY!!! Rookies are supposed to drive the old [beat to shit] cop cars…which I normally did. Anyway, it was etched upon my stupid little brain how nice a NEW Ford Police Interceptor was…and I wanted a NEW one.

Finding a Ford fleet dealer that would sell me a NEW Ford Police Interceptor was no small task…I checked with about 15 Ford fleet dealers and got shot down every time…until I found a huge Ford fleet dealer near Chicago who didn’t shoot me down. They had 20 NEW Ford Police Interceptors in different colors on their lot…and they said to come pick one out with fists full-o-dollars in my possession…and I did!!!

Registering my NEW 2007 Ford Police Interceptor with the BMV in Ohio is another story…what a shit show that was…but I was finally able to get it done.

Here’s the day I bought my NEW 2007 Ford Police Interceptor at the Ford fleet dealer near Chicago in May of 2007…my 2001 Mustang Bullitt GT is in the background…

IMG_9619.jpeg

LATE ENTRY: Here’s the original window sticker…mad dog action figure wearing Hooters hat and Moonwatch sold separately…

IMG_8331.jpeg

Last edited:

GroundPounder

My 2007 Ford Police Interceptor is not from my time as Cincinnati Police Officer which was from 2004 to 2006. It would have been cool to purchase (at auction) any one of the many 1999 to 2001 Ford Police Interceptors that I routinely drove on patrol…but I went a different route and went on a mission to purchase a NEW 2007 Ford Police Interceptor in 2007 after I had returned to Delta Air Lines from pilot furlough. Why NEW? One day prior to patrol while still a Cincinnati Police Officer, I was accidentally assigned a NEW 2006 Ford Police Interceptor with about 50 miles on it…fresh paint, fresh stickers, fresh interior, fresh cop stuff, fresh everything!!! IT WAS AMAZING!!! Unfortunately, halfway through my patrol shift, the supervisors realized that they had assigned “THE 40 YEAR OLD ROOKIE” a NEW cop car. BLASPHEMY!!! Rookies are supposed to drive the old [beat to shit] cop cars…which I normally did. Anyway, it was etched upon my stupid little brain how nice a NEW Ford Police Interceptor was…and I wanted a NEW one.

Finding a Ford fleet dealer that would sell me a NEW Ford Police Interceptor was no small task…I checked with about 15 Ford fleet dealers and got shot down every time…until I found a huge Ford fleet dealer near Chicago who didn’t shoot me down. They had 20 NEW Ford Police Interceptors in different colors on their lot…and they said to come pick one out with fists full-o-dollars in my possession…and I did!!!

Registering my NEW 2007 Ford Police Interceptor with the BMV in Ohio is another story…what a shit show that was…but I was finally able to get it done.

Here’s the day I bought my NEW 2007 Ford Police Interceptor at the Ford fleet dealer near Chicago in May of 2007…my 2001 Mustang Bullitt GT is in the background…

View attachment 40343

LATE ENTRY: Here’s the original window sticker…mad dog action figure wearing Hooters hat and Moonwatch sold separately…
Used police cars are NO bargain, as you know. By the time they go out to pasture, they are well and truly used up. Even if you were to get a supervisor or detective unit, they still have thousands of hours of idling in their history. When I started, we got rid of them from front line use at about 80K miles. We now have front line cars with almost 200K miles, and on top of that Dodge Chargers are not as durable or inexpensive to maintain as the the CV.

What was the problem in getting it registered?

If it comes to it, I may have a source of bumpers for you.

Random8145

View attachment 40343

View attachment 40345
You should have just taken it home and told them a criminal stole it. I am sure they would have understood:)

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
What was the problem in getting it registered?
The problem in getting it registered was that it was new and that I was just a regular ‘Joe Shit The Rag Man’ off the street. When I showed up at the local Ohio BMV with all the paperwork, which included the Ford fleet dealership paperwork delineating that it was sold as new, I was asked what government agency I was with…as in it was assumed that I was employed at a government agency (and I was some government agency procurement dude or something). When I told them I didn’t work for any government agency they stated that new Ford Police Interceptors could only be sold to government agencies for government service…municipal, county, state, and/or federal.

Basically, they didn’t know what to do regarding my situation…so they called the BMV HQ and they didn’t know what to do…finally, the BMV manager at the local BMV threw up his hands and exclaimed, “Whatever!” and I was able to register it. YAY!

Registering used Ford Police Interceptors is not a problem, but getting new Ford Police Interceptors registered apparently is a problem if the vehicle is not intended for government service…at least it was for me. I did some checking later and I thought I had read that new vehicles intended for government service were exempt from emissions penalties or something…but they had to be sold for government service to be exempt.

Last edited:

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
Guess this answers a question I never would have thought to ask, 'Who would laminate their car's window sticker?'.
Dudes that take their vehicle(s) to local cruise events/car shows.

That pic was at a local cruise event.

taxi1

pilot
The problem in getting it registered was that it was new and that I was just a regular ‘Joe Shit The Rag Man’ off the street. When I showed up at the local Ohio BMV with all the paperwork, which included the Ford fleet dealership paperwork delineating that it was sold as new, I was asked what government agency I was with…as in it was assumed that I was employed at a government agency (and I was some government agency procurement dude or something). When I told them I didn’t work for any government agency they stated that new Ford Police Interceptors could only be sold to government agencies for government service…municipal, county, state, and/or federal.

Basically, they didn’t know what to do regarding my situation…so they called the BMV HQ and they didn’t know what to do…finally, the BMV manager at the local BMV threw up his hands and exclaimed, “Whatever!” and I was able to register it. YAY!

Registering used Ford Police Interceptors is not a problem, but getting new Ford Police Interceptors registered apparently is a problem if the vehicle is not intended for government service…at least it was for me. I did some checking later and I thought I had read that new vehicles intended for government service were exempt from emissions penalties or something…but they had to be sold for government service to be exempt.
Did you break in the back seat?