• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

MV-22 in Afghanistan

Birdog8585

Milk and Honey
pilot
Contributor
A view of the rest of the system including the gunner's station:

Is the "belly gun" described in the article this system?

Yup. Same one that they (BAE Systems) showcased at the Modern Day Marine expo in Quantico in 2007. At that time, the guy said that it will be upgradeable to a .50 cal - which would be pretty sexy.

My avatar is slowly coming to life.:icon_craz

phrogpilot73

Guess they dont want us to piss off the Cobra guys and steal their thunder.:icon_smil
My guess is that it's more along the lines of you're an assault support pilot. In the most critical phase of flight, you should be focusing on your mission - inserting Marines rather than looking for targets.

Birdog8585

Milk and Honey
pilot
Contributor
My guess is that it's more along the lines of you're an assault support pilot. In the most critical phase of flight, you should be focusing on your mission - inserting Marines rather than looking for targets.

Yeah but you can get a good look at a t-bone by stickin your head up a butcher's ass...wait...

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
Cobra guys are already getting ass-hurt from not getting to come along on raids during exercises.

Assault guys shooting stuff in any meaningful way would drive them over the edge. Whether it's worthwhile tactically or not, it's almost worth it just to get a rise out of some of those guys.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Anyone got a picture of an Osprey equipped with the "all quadrant gun" ?

How about this...even tells you where to look

MV-22_Osprey_with_RGS_1.jpg

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
That is a badass looking system. I feel like we're just taking cues on weapons design from Terminators movies now.