• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Mumbai Attacks

exhelodrvr

pilot
It's not quite as cut and dry. If it were any other nation, we'd sanction them like Iran or Syria. But ISS knows that we fear an isolated and further radicalized Pakistan (that's the kind of respect that Nukes buy you) gives them some leeway. So long as the evidence isn't particularly overt, we'd be reluctant to press hard on them.

Of course, India knows how important Pakistan's stability is to us right now. They likely see this as an opportunity to get additional concessions (i.e. trade agreements, military assistance) from the U.S.

PropStop

Kool-Aid free since 2001.
pilot
Contributor

It is a start. The more Muslim clerics who actively denounce this sort of thing in their churches, the better.

I find it intersting that Hamas declined to comment.

Interesting quote:
Muslims and Arabs must confront the violence "that is taking place in our name and in the name of our (Islamic) tenets," wrote Khaled al-Jenfawi, a columnist for Kuwait's Al-Seyassah daily.

"Unfortunately, we have yet to see a distinguished popular condemnation in the traditional Arab or Muslim communities that strongly rejects what is happening in the name of Islam or Arab nationalism," wrote al-Jenfawi.

m0tbaillie

Former SWO
Layzee101 said:
Was Christian for 1000 plus years, the whole Byzantine empire thing... Sorry motbaillie I seem to be picking on you :D

I was referring to the 800 years in which it was the Ottoman Empire - which was an unequivocally Muslim institution - before it became the Republic of Turkey in 1923.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor

You are going to rely on a source from jewcy.com?! An author who goes so far as to use the quote "Palestine, the holy land of the Jews, Christians and Islamites, had been turned into a desert haunted by ignorant poor diseased vermin rather than by human beings, as the result of six centuries of Muslim rule. "?! I don't care if he didn't write the quote himself just citing is ignorant, racist and just plain stupid.

And recent history on the Indian subcontinent has at times been unfortunately violent, with Hindus, Sikh, Muslims and even Christians both becoming victims of and committing horrible acts of violence on each other. You only need to look up a few incidents like the Babri Mosque, Godhra train burning and ensuing riots, Operation Blue Star and its aftermath and the recent violence in the state of Orissa. If you do bother to look them up you will see that followers of all religions in India are victims as well as perpetrators when it comes to the unfortunate cycle of violence. No one has a monopoly on violence and stupidity, they are universal. It sucks, but those are the facts.

Bevo16

pilot
Bull,

How about a UF injury report.

My boss is a HUGE Bama fan. You know, the kind of Bama fan that makes you root for whoever they are playing. I am a Gator Fan this week. Tell Harvin to stop being a pussy and play.

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
Bull,

How about a UF injury report.

My boss is a HUGE Bama fan. You know, the kind of Bama fan that makes you root for whoever they are playing. I am a Gator Fan this week. Tell Harvin to stop being a pussy and play.

Bevo..did you think you were on the 2008 football thread? :)

46Nomad

Reading List

Regarding Islamic terrorism, the Navy Reading list has a book called "Dying to Win." Very enlightening book available at an NEX near you...

voodooqueen

DAR Lapsarian
I seriously doubt that most of the Islamic fundamentalist terrorists are able to read their own Quran. Their perspectives on it, anyway, are as distorted as the Sunday morning preacher feature attendees, who also can't read their own holy text--even the watered down version. It's no wonder that they have created their own religion of hate.