• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

MOUT week

motiv8r

OK this is kind of random but I was wondering which weekend is the one that TBS students don't have free because of MOUT. Is it the weekend before the scheduled MOUT week or the weekend after? I have to figure out whether I can go to a family reunion.

Also, what and when is Jane Wayne Day?

riley

Bravo Company was the last company to go through the MOUT training as it was. TBS is changing the POI beginning with Charley Company. The gouge I heard is that FEX IV will be eliminated and a few days will be added to the MOUT package.

motiv8r

Thanks for the info gents. Does this mean that MOUT will still go over a weekend? And what exactly is Jane Wayne Day?

SemperGumbi

Just a B guy.
pilot
WFFEX IV has been changed every company for a while now. It is sort of a work in progress. They were trying to make it more MOUT-like, I guess. I doubt they will get rid of it entirely, as it is their chance to get their last shots in, and remind you how much you like to dig.

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Jane Wayne day Im sure now has a more PC name but it is the saturday where the wives get to ride in amtracs shoot rifles and eat MREs.

Shadow9660

Hey all
I'm in Charlie Comapany right now, and we are having MOUT FEX this coming week. Yes it replaces FEX IV, but it is completely urban ops (clearing buildings, hallways, urban patrolling, etc). MOUT is scheduled for Monday-Friday, with a '96 starting that Friday. The following weekend, half the company goes to FBI Academy to do Hogan's Alley (riot/crowd control etc.) on Saturday and half goes on Sunday. It's a one day FEX. So to sum it up, you will have 3 FFEX's plus the MOUT FFEX and the one day FFEX on the weekend at the FBI. Once we get back next week, I will post details on the FFEX's if you want.

Spin

SNA in Meridian
Thats BS maaan. We had Mout AND FEX IV. Our Fex IV was all urban too. It was actually pretty fun .... when we got back I saw a blurb on the news about an incident that had happend in Iraq a short time prior and it was the mirror image of our FEX IV ..... was cool to see how close it was to real world. Well ... it seems as though every TBS class gets something knocked off. For us the 20 mile hump had just been changed to 15 miles ... for you no more FEX IV .... what's next??

Peace,

-Spin

Shadow9660

I think a lot of it is "class" dependent. Due to weather, rescheduling, etc., some things just get cut or combined. I think one of the other companies here cut their 15 miler altogether, leaving just a 6, 8 , 10 and 12. Others dont do a six, etc. As for the FFEXIV/ MOUT issue, even though I would b*tch about the weather out there, I would WANT more urban training. We just finished convoy ops which was a freakin blast since I was the A. Convoy Cmdr, but it only lasted a day. Our AI told us in the debrief that Lts fresh in Iraq said they could have used WAY more convoy exercises, so be sure to pay attention to those, even if you are Joe Snuffy Rifleman in the back of the 7 ton, and ditto for what little urban ops you will get. Hopefully TBS will revamp a little as the battlefront changes, and spend more time in combat town, and a little less fighting CRF in the quantico highlands, (even though land naving in the thick summer brush made me hella proficient )

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
Shadow, you are refering to Bravo company cutting the 15 miler and I think I will let them slide on that since they did two of every other one.