• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Motorcycles

Status
Not open for further replies.

46Driver

"It's a mother beautiful bridge, and it's gon
You buy a Harley for the experience, and because its a symbol of Americana. And even though the crotch rockets are faster, nobody notices them when a Harley arrives.

Lonestar155

is good to go
Although im 100% in love with my street bike i someday dream of buying a chopper to cruise around on. Big fat beefy tires with that bad@$$ sound. Its hard to just cruise on a streetbike because there is just so much power waiting to be unleashed.

Squid

F U Nugget
pilot
on a triumph, as with all british motors, to add oil you have to pour it on the crankcase, and hope some seems in.

olpa9901

Been there, (PNS) Done that.
it's like the opposite of german engines. They provide a hole to pour the oil in, but somehow (even with the tight tolerances those crazy germans have) all the oil can still be found in a huge puddle under your bike/car the next day.

my mechanic once told me after I was complaining about an oil leak on my car... that "trying to stop german engines from leaking oil is like trying to stop the sky from raining in seattle"

reapergm

Patmack18 said:
The new Kawi ZX-10R is King of the hill, and by a WIDE margin. 108 MPH in 1st freakin' gear!

:eek: Thats friggen insane. Absolutely insane. I would die on that. No question, just too much power. I have no self control with something like that. :icon_tong

los5041

By any chance is there anyone that can explain to me how to lower the gears (teeth) on the front and rear. I would like to lower the front by 1 and raise the rear by 3 but I don't exactly how to do it on my 99 Gsxr. Thanks

Banjo33

AV-8 Type
pilot
I'm not sure that I completely understand the question: you're talking about making a sprocket change. You just have to buy the sprockets in the size you want and swap them. Put the bike on a stand, remove the rear wheel/swap the rear sprocket, pull the chain off the countershaft sprocket/unbolt and replace. You may need to replace the chain...it may be too short...if you go to one of the streetbike forums that has a specific gixxer forum you can ask them and they can tell you.

reapergm

Or, you can try going to a bike shop or online. Find a service manual for your bike. I didnt know anything about bikes, but I bought a manual and learned to repair my own bike. Only time I take to the shop now is for inspections. Customizing might be a bit more tricky, but the manual will help. And thats good advice to check out a few gixxer sites. Ill put up some links later when Im on my home computer.

los5041

Jboomer, thats exactly what I wanted to know, Now I just need to get the money to afford the new chain and sprokets, Also do you think that it would just be easier and cheaper to drop one in the front? And Reapergm I think I will take your advice. Thanks fellas.

Banjo33

AV-8 Type
pilot
If you only drop one tooth in the front, you shouldn't have to replace the chain (won't need more links). If you only go up three teeth in the rear (which is the same as dropping one tooth in the front) you will more than likely need a longer chain. Like PatMack said, unless you're trying to get into stunting, dropping one in the front AND adding 3 teeth in the rear is a HUGE gearing change. I'd start with just adding a one tooth smaller countershaft sprocket up front (won't have to replace the chain) and see how you like it. If you decide you want more, then buy a new (longer) chain and larger rear sprocket.

Added 64 teeth to the rear!!?? That's like a 110 tooth rear sprocket or so..damn near as big as the wheel! Why in the world would he do something like that? That pretty much makes the bike useless and unrideable!

los5041

Thanks for your input, I think I will try to just lower in the front and see how it rides. Patmack18 what do you do with your buddy with the R1 on the Highway just leave him behind?

BigWorm

Marine Aviator
pilot
46Driver said:
Hmmmmm, nothing but "Rice Rockets" for the Jet Jocks.

Which shakes more, the Harley or the Phrog????? :)

Now now, not all student Jet Jocks ride the rocket, I've got the "Rice Chopper" myself, a 1500cc Vulcan. One of these days the budget will grow enough for something a little more American. I'm still making payments on the T.V.....

reapergm

Any of you Gixxer riders out there know where I can get parts for my old 750? If you know any good links for aftermarket parts, please let me know. Ive been trying to redo my bike. Im recustomizing the paint and replacing a cracked fairing (or, atleast trying to). Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.