• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Motorcycle Safety Course

lowflier03

So no $hit there I was
pilot
I'll try and link it later, but there's a study done that shows where you are most likely to impact in a crash. 35% of all crashes showed major impact to the chin and lower face. I prefer to wear a full face.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I hate wearing a full face; I just hate the possibility of looking like Harvey Dent after an otherwise survivable crash more.

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
So... minor scars = cool, major hideous disfigurement = not cool.

phrogpilot73

Full face helmets are kinda hot and uncomfortable.
If you find the right helmet for you, this isn't always true. I wear a Scorpion EXO-700, fits my head great and ventilates very well... Is it hot? A little, but not as bad as others I've tried. Is it uncomfortable? Nope.

PropAddict

Now with even more awesome!
pilot
Contributor
I've had good luck with HJC CL Series helmets. Cheap, but well built, and comfortable for my jumbo melon.

I have a tiny head and the CL-15 works great for me. I just wish I could find a decent fitting flip front helmet (like a Schuberth) for less than $500. . .

JGlo

If you find the right helmet for you, this isn't always true. I wear a Scorpion EXO-700, fits my head great and ventilates very well... Is it hot? A little, but not as bad as others I've tried. Is it uncomfortable? Nope.
Actually I have about 1300 skydives and always wear a full faced helmet. Being an army girl, helmets are not a new thing or anything I am scared of but it is fun to joke about, that and wearing lipgloss-- as a girl I can get away with it :). On a serious note, I do understand the importance of helmets and especially since I am just starting off. The info is helpful so thanks!

JGlo

So you Navy guys... did I happen to mention I am under a Navy command? Will be heading to Djbouti shortly.