• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Motivational Statement MEGA Thread

bd2575

1180 FS 06JAN2013
fedman:

Are you still in school currently? If so, take it to your writing center and workshop the hell out of it. Grammatically and stylistically, it could use a lot of work (though I think the basic message you convey, the story you tell, is solid)

• I'd include a comma in your first sentence after "20 years old."
  • I don't know what an ABH3 is, but what sacrifice did your uncle make? Again, add a comma after "heavily on me" to give a natural respiratory pause.
  • You swap from a feeling of inadequacy and incompleteness to a responsibility when talking about your fed gov civ time - which is it?
  • Steadfast is one word.
  • You have lots of tense agreement issues. Whenever possible, stick to one tense (past, present, or future, to keep it simple) per paragraph or section of thought.
  • Semicolon rather than comma after "small town in Kentucky"
  • Comma after "age of 30"
  • I would say "credit hours" rather than "hrs" whenever referring to your classwork in this essay; shorthand is not appropriate.
  • The sentence where you mention Honor Society, Motorcycle Club, etc is a nightmare of a run-on.
  • You typically pride yourself on, rather than in something. You could say you "take pride in" XYZ or "pride yourself on" it.
  • "Motto in which" is just wrong.
  • What is this highly specialized, much-needed (note my inclusion of a hyphen there) skill set you bring to the Navy?
  • Your conclusion is far and away your best paragraph in terms of message. Try to take the key points you include (what you bring to the Navy, how powerfully you're motivated for the program, what you hope to give back and why), and be sure the rest of your motivational statement has them throughout.

PenguinGal

Can Do!
Contributor
Would ya'll mind reading and reviewing my motivational statement? My package is going to be submitted very, very soon and I just want another set of eyes. This is kind of my one and only shot at getting picked up for CEC DCO and so I want to get it right the first time. Thanks!

What motivates me to join the US Navy Reserve Civil Engineer Corps? I refuse to be a spectator.

When I was in high school, I had the privilege of attending a summer program for teenagers interested in politics and government, foreign affairs, and law. Countless times throughout the month-long program we were reminded that "Democracy is NOT a spectator sport!" It was during that summer that I decided that I would never be merely a spectator but would instead always seek to be in the game.

There are countless ways to avoid being a spectator and I have participated in many of them. Several years ago, when I met the man that would be my husband, I knew that being with him would provide me with many chances to get off the bench and I was correct. His service as an active duty sailor in the US Navy has provided me with countless opportunities to serve as a cheerleader. No sporting event is complete without someone on the sidelines working the crowd into a frenzy and bringing the excitement as needed to encourage the athletes. I am proud to say that I have had the privilege to serve in this capacity, as a cheerleader, for democracy. Whether it was on a personal level with my husband or on a broader level with my involvement with military spouse groups, I have proudly served as inspiration and motivation to those who are currently serving to protect American democracy.

Now I am no longer content to only participate from the sidelines and I would like the opportunity to transition from cheerleader to athlete. Just as an athlete actively trains before the big game, so too have I been actively training to serve in the Civil Engineer Corps. My training began with my studies in mechanical engineering and mathematics at Youngstown State University. It was there that I became enamored with what could be done with engineering. I discovered that it was the perfect balance between theoretical research and hands-on applications. I also discovered that it lent itself well to continuing education and training. I followed through on this knowledge when upon graduation, I chose to continue my education at Yale University. While at Yale, I was exposed to both the theoretical and experimental sides of engineering research. It was my time as an experimentalist that verified that what I loved most about engineering was being able to get my hands dirty in the field and that led me to take my first employment in the construction industry.

During my time working as an engineer, I have had the privilege to be part of the construction process from beginning to end. My experiences have included the mechanical design of various buildings, from local elementary schools to world-class healthcare campus buildings. Not willing to hide behind the books and simply design the buildings, I have also served as a construction administrator ensuring that the mechanical design was interpreted and installed according to design intent. I also became active in the discipline of commissioning which allowed me the opportunity to truly dive into the operations of building design by reviewing both design documents and performing functional testing. My passion for this industry has led me to explore a relatively new aspect to the field, sustainability. My forays into this have led to my accreditation by the US Green Building Council as an environmental design professional. It has also led me to experience the academic side of construction by serving as a reviewer for a book on sustainable construction practices.

I firmly believe that my role on the playing field is to be a part of the United States Navy Reserves. I am prepared, willing, and able to join the game myself; my education and experience as an engineer in the construction industry uniquely qualify me to join the ranks of the Civil Engineer Corps. I am already well versed in mechanical design and commissioning, granting me the ability to participate on construction projects from beginning to end. I am skilled in energy modeling and environmental design techniques, allowing me special insight into the means and methods of environmentally safe construction practices.

I love being a mechanical engineer and it is my passion and dream to actively use my skills as an engineer to promote and protect democracy. I love that I can apply my real-world experience, knowledge and skills to be a real player in the game and no longer be just spectator.

bd2575

1180 FS 06JAN2013
Penguin:

All in all, it looks solid. Your conclusion could use a good bit of work to really encapsulate your experiences (what bring to the table for Navy) and your motivations (what you hope Navy can do for you). In my opinion, you devote too much time to the section on your husband; this motivational statement needs to be about you, not about him. While it may be worthwhile to mention at some point that he's apparently been your initial exposure to the Navy and possibly your motivation to seek a commission, you have limited space and would be better-served giving more detail about your own skills and expertise, your understanding of the CEC program, or something similar. Below is a list of comments as they came to me:

1) I wouldn't play around with the conventions of capitalization (i.e. your "NOT" in p2)
2) In the following sentence, you need a comma between spectator and but
3) "In the game" is a bit of a colloquialism / idiomatic expression. I think it's too informal, but if you want to keep the sports motif, maybe you could offset it in quotes
4) You use the word "spectator" four times in five sentences. There are other words that can describe this type of passivity.
5) By the time I hit the paragraph about your husband, I can see you're WAY overdoing it with the "in the game / off the bench / cheerleader / athlete" sports motif. Especially given that your intended community is not particularly well-known for its physical or athletic demands, this extended metaphor seems highly out of place. It's become almost a parody of itself, and belies any degree of seriousness you have about the program.
6) I had to get four paragraphs in to see that you got what I presume is a Master's in Engineering from YALE? Get that up top, pronto! This could be an enormous differentiating factor for you over your fellow applicants; a top-tier institution is nothing to bury in the middle of your essay
7) According to this site - http://www.navyreserve.com/ - it's just Reserve (singular). I have no idea what's actually correct, but you may want to follow up to be sure
8) Well-versed should be hyphenated

Shoot, could've been an English teacher rather than a wannabe frog.

bd2575

1180 FS 06JAN2013
jms4netsec:

Hope this isn't too late in the process to be of some use. You hit the nail on the head - fair writer, somewhat "punctuationally challenged." I've decided to experiment with a new format for commenting.

Having submitted five prior applications I'm conflicted on starting your statement this way. On the one hand, it indicates a serious level of commitment. On the other hand, it reminds them that there have been multiple other boards that, for one reason or another, didn't want you. Just food for thought. , I've had a number of opportunities to introspectively evaluate and explain what it is that has driven me to want to be a Navy officer. Each time, I have tried to convey the deep sense of pride and dignity that I would derive from a return to a life of honorable military service. How I have spent most of my adult life, both during and following my prior enlisted service, in pursuit of achieving the standards required to even attempt this direct commission application, both academically and physically. The preceding is not actually a sentence - just a fragment. More importantly, how I will bring over a decade and a half of professional experience and technical acumen, derived from a broad cross section of commercial industry, and more recently, multiple branches of the DoD; all complimented by multiple academic degrees, recently completed with distinguished GPAs, from NSA-endorsed programs. Ditto this one, but doubly bad (neither the segment before nor after the semicolon are complete sentences / independent clauses). This application grants me the fortune of yet another opportunity to convey these points. Instead of convey/convey in one paragraph, how about "communicate," "elucidate," or "clarify"?

I come from a patriotic family with a strong military ethic, raised to believe that to serve our country in uniform is both an obligation of citizenship and an honored privilege; values hard to avoid growing up so close to Fort Knox. Again, not an independent clause worth of the semicolon. Perhaps you could use "such values are hard to avoid, growing up so close to Fort Knox." Many of the men in my family have distinguished themselves with honorable enlisted (and Warrant) service, and brought credit to the forces they served. However, I have always wanted something more. To raise the bar for myself, and for those who may follow me. Another non-sentence, this one you could hypenate with the previous (used in lieu of a colon).

When I first sought to pursue a commission, I looked closely at all of the services. Because of that review, I have always felt that the Navy offered those who embraced a higher standard for themselves something more than other branches. This walks a fine line of admiring the Navy's awesomeness and debasing the other services. Foremost, a storied legacy of 'Honor', 'Courage' and 'Commitment' that follows an unbroken line to its founding, predating our nation. Comparing the Navy to my first hand firsthand or first-hand observations in the Air Force and those since becoming a defense contractor, I believe the Navy offers its officers unparalleled opportunities to excel and distinguish themselves. To master both trade and sea craft, to lead others and to grow as leaders; to become part of something greater than themselves incomplete sentence - you know what to do. As these closely parallel the goals of my life, a naval commission has always been, without question, my first and only choice. If that's the case, why did you join the Air Force? The answer is almost immaterial, but know that this is the first question that comes to my mind (and may come to the mind of the panel reviewing this essay)

Much of my prior service experience remains strong with me to this day. I recall with great clarity and pride my participation in large exercises such as Team Spirit during my deployment to the 8th Tactical Fighter Squadron at Kunsan, AB (Wolfpack) in South Korea, where I contributed to the record numbers of combat (hot) refuels in support of the first squadron of F16s deployed OCONUS to the Pacific. One of my older brothers and I share a bond through the Wolfpack, as he also served in that same squadron when it was deployed to Thailand during Vietnam. I also recall with somewhat less enthusiasm gravity defueling a B52 during bleak winter nights on a windy tarmac in Kansas at McConnell AFB. While these serve as contrasts in experiences, they both demonstrate the strong identity I continue to feel with military duty. Experiences which give life to a perspective I believe will enable me to relate to those who I would guide and lead as an officer in the Navy. Another incomplete sentence.

While it has taken some time to achieve my education why not use "educational goals" here? You achieve goals. since separating, especially without the benefit of VEAP, my success was never truly in doubt. Working multiple jobs as a full time hyphenate if it's going to be an adjective student, bouncing back from the loss of my remaining parent, (and) learning the value of persistence and dedication to my goals (has enabled) enables me to stand as the only person in my family to graduate from a university in the last 50 years (2007), and the first to ever achieve a Master’s degree (2008), also garnering a prestigious induction to Upsilon Pi Epsilon, an honor society for academic excellence in computing sciences. I was privileged to be selected by my academic peers to lead both undergraduate and graduate capstone teams (5-7 person working groups) to distinction, despite significant cultural and language challenges. I was also invited to return to my alma mater as an adjunct faculty, specifically to teach 'Ethics in Information Technology' by one of my professors taking an academic sabbatical. the ordering here seems a bit off. Think it should be "invited to return to my alma mater as an adjunct faculty by a former professor, specifically to teach his 'Ethics in Information Technology' course while he took an academic sabbatical" or something similar.

Because both of my degrees in advanced technologies and InfoSec disciplines were acquired in a traditional, in-classroom setting, I worked and studied along side a culturally diverse array of young men and women often of more traditional accession ages on a daily basis for five years. This prompted a couple of several of, rather than "a couple" - it's less colloquial the senior officers who interviewed me to suggest that experience likely provided me with some unique insights into the culture and ideologies of those who I might likely be working alongside as a junior officer, or possibly leading as enlisted men and women. They uniformly expressed the sentiment that experience might make me a potentially unique asset to the commander of any wardroom in which I might serve.

It has long been my hope that I would be able to leverage my commercial and defense experience, degrees and DoDI 8570.1 certifications within the IDC community. As a cleared defense contractor, I've been privileged to work alongside active and reserve members of the Navy's IDC, and would be humbled to call them my peers.

Granting me a Navy commission will permit me to follow the Navy path to a life of distinction and leadership. One of honored service, and honorable duty, defending both my country and my fellow countryman.

PenguinGal

Can Do!
Contributor
Shoot, could've been an English teacher rather than a wannabe frog.

There is still time and hope for you! Thanks for the comments. It looks like I will be doing some editing and rewrites tomorrow. Luckily my OR said that I can make changes pretty much up until the time that the package is submitted. Yay!

villanelle

Nihongo dame desu
Contributor
Granting me a Navy commission will permit me to follow the Navy path to a life of distinction and leadership. One of honored service, and honorable duty, defending both my country and my fellow countryman.
That second "sentence" is a fragment. You could use a "--" instead, or do a bit of wordsmithing. Also, as a more general statement, the way this is written emphasizes what getting a commission will do for you. Consider focusing on what you will do for the Navy. The basic content can be the same (leadership, service, duty, etc.), but stating it as what you will offer the Navy as an officer--or what you will strive for if you are offered a commission-- seems like more of the right note.

PenguinGal

Can Do!
Contributor
Anyone want to read version 2? lol

What motivates me to join the US Navy Reserve Civil Engineer Corps? I refuse to be a spectator.

When I was in high school, I had the privilege of attending a summer program for teenagers interested in politics and government, foreign affairs, and law. Countless times throughout the month-long program we were reminded that "Democracy is not a spectator sport!" It was during that summer that I decided that I would never be merely a spectator, but would instead always seek to be “in the game.”

In order to accomplish this, I have worked and trained to prepare to be an exceptional member of the US Navy. My training began at Youngstown State University where I explored both mechanical engineering and mathematics. During this time I discovered that it was the perfect balance of theory and real-world applications that drove my passion for engineering. My discovery led me to continue my studies in mechanical engineering at Yale University. While at Yale, I was exposed to both the theoretical and experimental sides of engineering research. It was my time as an experimentalist that verified that engineering is about being able to use my knowledge to solve real, tangible problems. Armed with this knowledge and my degrees from YSU and Yale, I set out to gain the experience that would be beneficial in my career with the Civil Engineer Corps.

Knowing that I wanted to join the Civil Engineer Corps, it was logical that I should turn to the construction industry for employment. I have had the privilege to be part of many aspects of this business. My mechanical designs can be found in various buildings stretching across the length and breadth of the nation, from government funded housing in Connecticut, world-class healthcare facilities in Florida, to cutting-edge bio-tech facilities in California. Not willing to hide behind the drawings and simply design the buildings, I also work as a construction administrator and commissioning authority. As a construction administrator it is my responsibility to ensure that the mechanical design was interpreted and installed according to intent. This assurance is continued when I assume the role of nationally certified commissioning authority. Commissioning allows me the opportunity to dive into the operations of buildings by reviewing both design documents and performing functional testing.

Experience in design and installation economy has also brought me to the forefront of the sustainability industry. Having become a US Green Building Council LEED Accredited Professional, I work to promote efficient and environmentally safe building practices. My work in this area has been recognized thanks to my invitation to serve as a reviewer for a book on sustainable construction practices.

There are countless ways to avoid being a spectator and to become engaged. I firmly believe that my role is to be a part of the United States Navy Reserve. I am prepared, willing, and able to participate fully; my education and experience as an engineer in the construction industry uniquely qualify me to join the ranks of the Civil Engineer Corps. I am accomplished in mechanical design and commissioning, granting me the ability to participate in all aspects of construction. I am skilled in energy modeling and environmental design techniques, allowing me special insight into the means and methods of environmentally safe construction practices.

I love being a mechanical engineer and it is my passion and dream to actively use my skills as an engineer to promote and protect democracy. I want to apply my real-world experience, knowledge and skills to serve the needs of the Civil Engineer Corps and the US Navy.

BleedGreen

pilot
Please let me know what you guys think
My opening sentence just doesn't flow well, I am hoping anyone can offer a better choice of words.
Also I am a little rusty on grammar and punctuation so any help on that would be greatly appreciated.

Growing up in a military town, having numerous family members that served before me, and being surrounded by distinguished military friends, lead me to join the United States Navy Reserves at the age of 18. My experience in the Navy Reserves has taught me strong military discipline, a higher level of responsibility, and to live by the core values of honor, courage, and commitment. Learning such valuable lessons in life has compelled me to preserve these traits in future sailors by serving as a United States Naval Officer.
While serving as a Petty Officer Third Class with Operational Health Support Unit San Diego, I had the duty to provide guidance to all our junior sailors and be a mentor for any personal or professional needs that arose.
During my experience on a firefighting helicopter module I was consistently expected to lead our crew of firefighters. As a chainsaw operator, my duties were to stay ahead of the crew in order to choose the safest and most effective line for us to follow while engaging the fire. Being expected to operate one of the most dangerous tools on the fireline and lead a crew of firefighters simultaneously has tested my abilities on numerous occasions. A key to success in such a dangerous role is having the courage to perform, despite the fear of being overrun by the fire we were battling. For any major fire we engaged, commitment to our mission was always tested. On average, our assignments consisted of carrying 65lbs on your back, through horrible terrain, with sweat pouring down your face, all while breathing smoke that is burning your lungs and eyes. I often found myself asking why I am doing this, but my commitment to a higher duty always prevailed. Maintaining a positive relationship with my crew and other resources on the fire taught me a level of honor I’ll never lose.
It would be an honor to serve in such a capacity as a United States Naval Officer and Naval Aviator. Through a commission I have every intention to become the best Naval Aviator I can be while further developing my skills as a leader in the United States Navy.

Tycho_Brohe

pilot
Contributor
My experience in the Navy Reserves has taught me strong military discipline, a higher level of responsibility, and to live by the core values of honor, courage, and commitment.
Faulty parallelism; the third dependent clause of the sentence ("to live by...") should be another noun, since the first two parts were nouns ("discipline" and "level of responsibility"). I'd recommend making it: "My experience in the Navy Reserves has taught me strong military discipline, a higher level of responsibility, and the importance of adhering to the core values of honor, courage, and commitment." Or something to that effect.
Learning such valuable lessons in life has compelled me to preserve these traits in future sailors by serving as a United States Naval Officer.
The word "preserve" there doesn't sound right. I might change it to "encourage" or "foster" or something along those lines.
Oh, and as for the opening line, I might make it "Growing up in a military town, having numerous family members that served before me, and being surrounded by distinguished military friends has led me to join the United States Navy Reserves at the age of 18." It could still be better, but at least the grammar issue is fixed.
All in all, I think it sounds great.

BleedGreen

pilot
Faulty parallelism; the third dependent clause of the sentence ("to live by...") should be another noun, since the first two parts were nouns ("discipline" and "level of responsibility"). I'd recommend making it: "My experience in the Navy Reserves has taught me strong military discipline, a higher level of responsibility, and the importance of adhering to the core values of honor, courage, and commitment." Or something to that effect.

Thank you for correcting my mistake, it sounds a lot better.

I will also look for a better word choice than "preserve."

Also, I am going to keep thinking of how I can modify that opening line but again thank you for correcting the grammar in that sentence as well.

Mew

Thank you for correcting my mistake, it sounds a lot better.

I will also look for a better word choice than "preserve."

Also, I am going to keep thinking of how I can modify that opening line but again thank you for correcting the grammar in that sentence as well.

I have yet to get into OCS and grammar is 100% not my thing so take all that follows with a tablespoon of salt.

Your opening sentence reads as very passive.

"Growing up in a military town, having numerous family members that served before me, and being surrounded by distinguished military friends, lead me to join the United States Navy Reserves at the age of 18"

It sounds more like something that happened to you rather than something you did or something you sought out. If you play with it a little and make it more active it might make a better story.

Maybe play with something like this?

Growing up in a military town inspired me to join the United States Navy Reserves at 18, I am inspired by family members and friends who served before me.

BleedGreen

pilot
It sounds more like something that happened to you rather than something you did or something you sought out. If you play with it a little and make it more active it might make a better story.

Maybe play with something like this?

Growing up in a military town inspired me to join the United States Navy Reserves at 18, I am inspired by family members and friends who served before me.
Thanks for the input Mew, I'm going to break the sentence up and try to give it some life...sounds way to dry and boring.

RiseR 25

If anyone would like to take a look and see what they think, I would be happy to examine your input. ASTBs were 6/7/6, 49

Please keep in mind this is a rough draft. If it doesn't resemble a complete sentence, its a thought that may need to be omitted or further elaborated upon.

Thank you.

Motivational Statement

The inherent nature/purpose of a military service is never clearly defined (Can be forced to change, clarity). Especially in today’s application of warfare. Never in the history of a country, has a nation been driven to fight enemies almost invisible, whilst maintaining large enough arms for deterrence for continued peace. This is the greatest challenge of a military officer thus far, and why I am submitting my application for the Naval Service.

The greatest mission of the Navy is to ensure continued peace throughout the world. Through sea power

In a dynamic and changing world of nondiscernable threats.

I hereby submit my application to the Naval service, with preference toward the aviation community requesting duty as a Naval Aviator or Naval Flight Officer. I believe that my background in problem solving (through an accredited engineering program) within short time constraints has developed an ability to adapt to a multitude of situations, a requirement in aircrew of modern aircraft today and in the future.

After initial duty as an Aviator or Flight Officer, I will highly consider seeking command duty on board a Naval Vessel, or designate within aviation further to utilize my technical degree to the Naval Service.

Naval Officers exhibit the highest standards and examples upon which the American public expects of its military. It would be an honor and a privilege to serve the American people as a Naval Officer.

Mew

RiseR

A couple of things.

1) this could have been written by any one about almost anyone. There is nothing in this that tells the board about you. What about this statement says they should pick RiseR over all the other qualified kids who want this slot? Nothing. . .

2) I would avoid saying anything like

"The inherent nature/purpose of a military service is never clearly defined (Can be forced to change, clarity). Especially in today’s application of warfare. Never in the history of a country, has a nation been driven to fight enemies almost invisible, whilst maintaining large enough arms for deterrence for continued peace. This is the greatest challenge of a military officer thus far, and why I am submitting my application for the Naval Service."
a) There is an inherent nature and purpose of a military. It is to protect the country/people it is formed from.
b) You talk about stuff, but none of it actually says anything or matters or really has any meat. It just feels like a miss america world peace answer.

3) Don't tell me stuff, show me the goods.
a) you can solve problems! Great what problems have you solved, tell me about those. Tell me that you are proud of your project to build a widget in a short time frame and how you solved it. That will show me you can solve problems but the statement I can do X doesn't really mean anything. (if a girl tells you she is hot does that mean she is cute or she looks like a super model? If she tells you she is in the VS fashion show you know she is hot)

4) The way this "After initial duty as an Aviator or Flight Officer, I will highly consider seeking command duty on board a Naval Vessel, or designate within aviation further to utilize my technical degree to the Naval Service." Reads to me is almost as if you might consider taking a command duty if they are lucky. Which is most likely not what you are trying to say.

While this is clearly a rough draft I would strongly suggest spending some time to really think about the question they are asking you to answer in your personal statement. Come up with an outline that supports your answer and then fill in as much meat as you have.

BleedGreen

pilot
I just put the final touches on my motivational statement, any thoughts or recommendations?
thanks in advance

As long as I can remember, the men and women I looked up to as a child were members of the United States Armed Forces. From my grandparents who served during World War II to friends who are contributing towards the war on terror; they all served as an inspiration for me to join the Navy Reserves at an early age. My experience in the Navy Reserves has taught me strong military discipline, a higher level of responsibility, and the importance of adhering to the core values of honor, courage, and commitment. Learning such valuable lessons has instilled me with the desire to foster these traits in future sailors by serving as a United States Naval Officer.
While serving as a Third Class Petty Officer with Operational Health Support Unit San Diego, my role as a leader contributed to developing more than 40 junior sailors into functioning unit members. The success of our new sailors and my personal dedication to providing the highest level of patient care, contributed to our unit being presented with the Meritorious Unit Commendation Award.
During my experience on a firefighting helicopter module I was consistently expected to lead our crew of firefighters. As a chainsaw operator, my duties are to stay ahead of the crew in order to choose the safest and most effective line for us to follow while engaging the fire. My leadership sets the tone; providing motivation and instilling confidence under stressful situations. Being expected to operate one of the most dangerous tools on the fireline and lead a crew of firefighters through extremely hazardous conditions has tested my abilities on many occasions. I found success by having the courage to perform in such a dangerous role, despite the fear of being overrun by the fire we were battling. For any major fire we engaged, commitment to our mission was always tested. On average, our assignments consisted of carrying 65lbs on your back, hiking through horrible terrain, with sweat pouring down your face, all while breathing smoke that is burning your lungs and eyes. I often found myself asking why I am doing this, but my commitment to a higher duty always prevailed. Maintaining a positive relationship with my crew and other resources on the fire taught me a level of honor I’ll never lose.
It would be an honor to apply the skills I have developed thus far in the role of a United States Naval Officer and Naval Aviator. Through a commission I have every intention to become the best Naval Aviator I can be while further developing my skills as a leader in the United States Navy.