• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Motivational Statement MEGA Thread

I would appreciate some feedback on my personal statement:

I always found challenges to be something that I enjoyed since they forced me to overcome obstacles and improve myself. This is why I majored in engineering; one of the most challenging and hardest degrees to obtain. However, after reflecting I concluded that though I did enjoy engineering I wanted a more fulfilling career. One that served a purpose and made an impact on society. The military is what I felt was best and for many years the thought of serving had always been in the back of my mind, and during the COVID-19 pandemic, this desire grew stronger. After extensive research and self-evaluation, I found a renewed sense of purpose and challenge: to serve as an officer in the U.S. Navy as a Naval Aviator.

During my years in college, I discovered that in engineering teamwork is essential. Contrary to the stereotype of engineers as introverted, I frequently collaborated with various people on projects and assignments. I enjoyed every moment of planning, communicating, troubleshooting, and then seeing the result. I want to use my experience working in a team filled with diligent and motivated individuals, especially in a community like the Navy.

After graduating, I primarily focused on finding a career with defense companies and ended up at my current position at [REDACTED]. I knew getting into Officer Candidate School would take some time which is why I chose to be patient and work temporarily in this field. I do find the mission of this company important/essential as we are contributing towards the advancement of the Navy and supporting our national defense. While I do value the importance of my job, my aspiration remains to serve the nation directly as an officer.

Leadership is a quality I aspire to embody, and I enjoy teaching and helping others. During college, I wanted to be a big part of my Electrical Engineering club and strengthen our community. So I became a member of the board for my club and became an officer with the role of treasurer. I collaborated, planned, and coordinated events and gained experience managing a club which was the highlight of my college career. Similar to college projects it was fun brainstorming ideas and then seeing everything come together at the end. Becoming an officer of the Navy means being a leader and one must take initiative to make decisions and be responsible for not just his/her actions but for their team as well.

The Navy has always captivated me, more so than any other branch of the military. Growing up in [REDACTED], near [REDACTED], I was constantly exposed to the Navy's presence. My grandfather, whom I deeply respect, served in the U.S. Air Force and retired, allowing me to visit military bases and grew up with a strong connection to the military community. Learning about his experiences and how the military continuously helps him today further motivates me to pursue a military career. The prospect of traveling the world, meeting people around the country, and developing long-lasting friendships also increases my desire to join. I deeply respect the Navy's history, culture, and global influence. It would be an honor to serve on a team dedicated to protecting our country and promoting world peace.

Last edited:

exNavyOffRec

I would appreciate some feedback on my personal statement:

I always found challenges to be something that I enjoyed since they forced me to overcome obstacles and improve myself. This is why I majored in engineering; one of the most challenging and hardest degrees to obtain. However, after reflecting I concluded that though I did enjoy engineering I wanted a more fulfilling career. One that served a purpose and made an impact on society. The military is what I felt was best and for many years the thought of serving had always been in the back of my mind. For many years, the thought of serving had lingered in the back of my mind, and during the COVID-19 pandemic, this desire grew stronger. After extensive research and self-evaluation, I found a renewed sense of purpose and challenge: to serve as an officer in the U.S. Navy as a Surface Naval Aviator.

During my years in college, I discovered that in engineering teamwork is essential. Contrary to the stereotype of engineers as introverted, I frequently collaborated with various people on projects and assignments. I enjoyed every moment of planning, communicating, troubleshooting, and then seeing the result. I want to use my experience working in a team filled with diligent and motivated individuals, especially in a community like the Navy.

After graduating, I primarily focused on finding a career with defense companies and ended up at my current position at [REDACTED]. I knew getting into Officer Candidate School would take some time which is why I chose to be patient and work temporarily in this field. I do find the mission of this company important/essential as we are contributing towards the advancement of the Navy and supporting our national defense. While I do value the importance of my job, my aspiration remains to serve the nation directly as an officer.

Leadership is a quality I aspire to embody, and I enjoy teaching and helping others. During college, I wanted to be a big part of my Electrical Engineering club and strengthen our community. So I became a member of the board for my club and became an officer with the role of treasurer. I collaborated, planned, and coordinated events and gained experience managing a club which was the highlight of my college career. Similar to college projects it was fun brainstorming ideas and then seeing everything come together at the end. Becoming an officer of the Navy means being a leader and one must take initiative to make decisions and be responsible for not just his/her actions but for their team as well.

The Navy has always captivated me, more so than any other branch of the military. Growing up in [REDACTED], near [REDACTED], I was constantly exposed to the Navy's presence. My grandfather, whom I deeply respect, served in the U.S. Air Force and retired, allowing me to visit military bases and grew up with a strong connection to the military community. Learning about his experiences and how the military continuously helps him today further motivates me to pursue a military career. The prospect of traveling the world, meeting people around the country, and developing long-lasting friendships also increases my desire to join. I deeply respect the Navy's history, culture, and global influence. It would be an honor to serve on a team dedicated to protecting our country and promoting world peace.
You are going for aviation, the only thing that will be read in your application is the ASTB scores and GPA as that is all that matters.