• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Motion Sickness: a barrier for a potential aviator?

feddoc

Really old guy
Contributor
Getting sick is often viewed as a physiological response, something that can be learned. Yak52 offers some good advice, and, as always, make sure you are hydrated and no outlandish drinking
for about 72 hours prior to your flight.

I barfed in my first flight (20 years ago this month) , part fumes, part nervousness. My IP was laughing his ass off. I asked him why and he said he barfed each of his first seven flights. It happens to a lot of people

I never barfed again until several years later in Lemoore during touch and go in the Hornet, and this was after walking back to the hangar after being on deck for a few minutes. It always helped me if I got to wrap my fist around the stick and do some minor movements early on in the flight. Some folks call it muscle memory, the techincal term is proprioceptive sense. There are proprioceptors (position sensors) throughout your body. If they aren't getting the same info your eyes are sending to the brain, they are basically saying 'WTF,O'. A little bit of stick time, and they say 'oh, yeah, that's where I am'.