• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

most fun you can have with your pants on

flaps

happy to be here
None
Contributor
5536542773_8f7f828cab.jpg

shooting an m-60 offhand. about 15 miles west of danang, oct. '70. with the 1st marines under p.x. kelly.... unfortunately, a FAC tour is required

FlyinRock

5536542773_8f7f828cab.jpg

shooting an m-60 offhand. about 15 miles west of danang, oct. '70. with the 1st marines under p.x. kelly.... unfortunately, a FAC tour is required
I recall one time with a lady friend that loved to shoot..... We got the opportunity to shoot an air cooled .30 MG and she got to shoot it ala "Hollywood" holding it offhand. As she began lifting the trigger and it started to fire, she braced herself for what she expected to be terrible recoil. Then when rounds headed downrange, she got a huge smile on her face and began to squeal.... "I'm coming, I'm coming...."
I still laugh at the memory
Semper fi
Rocky the incorrigible

Rocketman

Rockets Up
Contributor
I used to love shooting the M60 offhand. I never had to do it on the two way range and since I was in rockets I rarely had to hump it or clean it. Kinda like being a grandparent. Pick it up, play with it and then give it back. The pic is me shooting one of our pigs somewhere north of Olongapo in late '76 I think. A Co. 1/4 Wpns.

Me and the PIG.JPG

Rocketman

Rockets Up
Contributor
olongopo, the great cultural center of the western pacific.

"GI you no butterfly......I love you no shit..... buy me refrigerator"

The eventual result of hearing those sweet nothings whispered in your ear, after crossing Shit River, was lots of fun too. It did generally require removing one's pants however.

C420sailor

Former Rhino Bro
pilot
...with the 1st marines under p.x. kelly....

A Villanova grad from back in the day!

I've only fired an M60 once, off the side of an LSD. It was pretty cool seeing the tracers bounce off the water.