• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Mosin-Nagants

Redux

People that I know that have, LOVE them. A good one isn't that inaccurate from what I've seen. The weapon itself is ugly as shit, maybe worse then your standard helo compared to a sleek fixed wing IMO. They're on par with an 06 power wise, good gun but I rather a 06, modern or vintage.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
People that I know that have, LOVE them. A good one isn't that inaccurate from what I've seen. The weapon itself is ugly as shit, maybe worse then your standard helo compared to a sleek fixed wing IMO. They're on par with an 06 power wise, good gun but I rather a 06, modern or vintage.
It seems that as with all surplus rifles, it's a mixed bag. Some made it from Stalingrad to Berlin to Inchon to Hue and are shot to hell, others lurked in an arsenal under an inch of Cosmoline and are quite nice. Problem with the Mosin is that even if you wanted to rebarrel it, the serial, arsenal marks, and import marks are all on the barrel, not the reciever.

Redux

It seems that as with all surplus rifles, it's a mixed bag. Some made it from Stalingrad to Berlin to Inchon to Hue and are shot to hell, others lurked in an arsenal under an inch of Cosmoline and are quite nice. Problem with the Mosin is that even if you wanted to rebarrel it, the serial, arsenal marks, and import marks are all on the barrel, not the reciever.

I'll buy that because you're correct. Some "escaped" being shot slick while others are almost a smooth bore. Again, it's just not for me just like the .303 isn't, but some people swear by them. I'll admit it, I'm biased as hell and for looks you just can't polish a turd no matter how much sugar you put on it. :)

Slammer2

SNFO Advanced, VT-86 T-39G/N
Contributor
I've been seeing these things for a few years at pretty cheap prices. Never shot one until a couple weeks ago. Not much to them but a nice rifle for what it is.