• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Morons Tricked Into Thinking Obama Was Snubbed in Russia & Saudi Arabia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angels

Contributor
Two very short clips. First clip is his first visit in the Middle East to Saudi Arabia. The video is of him on the "Welcome Line" with King Abdullah. Next clip is Obama in Russia.
Oh & how come no one is bowing to the King? Wasn't it claimed by some that was standard practice?

My three paragraph rant on the clips is reduced to.. Ouch!

NUFO06

None
COLD....they are really trying to piss him off. They must really need a cold war, are things not going too well in Russia these days? Maybe trying to prevent the price of oil from going down again by creating tension.

OR
CNN is reporting..."A video shot when Obama visited Russia appears to show Obama repeatedly extending his hand for handshakes, but being snubbed by the Russians over and over again. Once the sound was added, we saw that Mr. Obama was actually introducing the person walking behind him."
http://buzz.yahoo.com/buzzlog/92835

statesman

Shut up woman... get on my horse.
pilot
My guess is that it is a 'we dont like America' thing is it possible that it's a racial thing at all? I'm not familiar with the attitudes of Russians regarding ethnicity. I have some family from Belgium (off the boat) and they are HORRIBLY racist... and I know that there are many places in the East that are quite xenophobic...

Anyone familiar enough with Russian culture to shine some light?

CAMike

None
Contributor
This should surprise no one here. Russians openly friendly to Americans of African decent? Are you kidding? Our American elected CIC is "...", well you just figured it out for yourself in viewing those clips. I'm not agreeing with their practice but reality is sometimes different than theory.

QuagmireMcGuire

Kinder and Gentler
CNN is reporting..."A video shot when Obama visited Russia appears to show Obama repeatedly extending his hand for handshakes, but being snubbed by the Russians over and over again. Once the sound was added, we saw that Mr. Obama was actually introducing the person walking behind him."
http://buzz.yahoo.com/buzzlog/92835

Just thought this brought additional perspective. Much like the video of him checking out the behind of that Brazilian chick. :icon_wink

FlyinRock

Mr. Obama is a man who plays good checkers. He is in over his head when trying to play chess with grand masters in international diplomacy.
Here in Afrika his image is starting to slip as more and more of the journalists watch him in action and listen to his words and see what he does. They do not pull punches here, even at risk of going to jail.
Facta non verba
Semper Fi in Uganda
Rocky
ref; Kenya Daily Nation 14July09 mgaitha@nation.co.ke

Jynx

*Placeholder*
Contributor
My guess is that it is a 'we dont like America' thing is it possible that it's a racial thing at all? I'm not familiar with the attitudes of Russians regarding ethnicity. I have some family from Belgium (off the boat) and they are HORRIBLY racist... and I know that there are many places in the East that are quite xenophobic...

Anyone familiar enough with Russian culture to shine some light?

Yes, Russians on the whole tend to accept racism as a fact of life. I had a GF from there who referred to black people as monkeys in casual conversation. She didn't last long once that habit manifested...

Just thought this brought additional perspective. Much like the video of him checking out the behind of that Brazilian chick. :icon_wink

Yeah, still photos tend to support that as well

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor

This just goes to show that most of you morons have no idea what you're talking about. You swallow what the "evil" media feeds you hook, line, and sinker.

Brett

Picaroon

Helos
pilot
Obama is clearly introducing the guys, not trying to shake their hands.

But even if they did all snub him, I don't care if someone wants to be petty and snub him. He still carries the big stick. POTUS doesn't need the approval of some Russian politicians...

bottlenose

Judging from his distance from the last 2 men, its safe to say he was introducing that man behind him. Although its easy to mistake for him being snubbed.

phrogpilot73

Does anyone have the videos with the sound (of Obama introducing both men) ? This link is a different video. Thanks.
If you actually WATCH the whole video, they address it - and you hear President Obama saying "this is, and this..."

This thread is done. There's nothing more that can come of talking about morons and evil media.

Status
Not open for further replies.