• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

More than 60 units=disqualified...?

gparks1989

pilot
Contributor
I'm sorry if you feel "aggravated". Are you referring to my post about my major?

With the exception of your question about parents, all of your questions can be answered through a Google search. Initiative's a good thing...

ArkhamAsylum

500+ Posts
pilot
You've had 60 "units"? A unit of what? I'm unfamiliar with this terminology.
How convenient that you're of Pakistani origin. Do some Google research on what the 15th and 26th MEU's have been planning/doing for the last few months (hint: it has to do with natural disaster relief in Pakistan). We really are the good guys.
Most physical shortcomings can be waived at some level; I'd say that your bi-lingustics can help you get into the Intel/counter-intel field if you want to; if you don't want to, there's a good chance that you'll end up there anyway.

mtsupilot09

"We lookin fo you. We gon find you!"
Lets say I give up my citizenship...back to original post. Any other restrictions? I really wish I could communicate with an officer but none of them do it over e-mail.

You're communicating with several officers right now.

niner61

AimingHigh
If I didn't believe we were the good guys, I wouldn't be on the forum. Lets not get political.
While I am bi-lingual, I can neither write nor read the other language. Can we be sure that I will end up in Intel, 'cause I sure as hell wouldn't want to do that. If I wanted that kind of job, I'd go the civilian sector. If there is a 100% that I will land a desk job, then I will not join.

Another thing, don't I sign a contract saying what my job will be, assuming I am qualified?

Thanks, Kamil.

niner61

AimingHigh
You've had 60 "units"? A unit of what? I'm unfamiliar with this terminology.

I will, by the end of Spring 2011, have more than 60 semester units. I am attending a community college. They will be transferable to Cal Maritime. But I will still be at Cal Maritime for 4 years. I plan on transferring there Fall 2011.

Thanks, Kamil.

gparks1989

pilot
Contributor
If I didn't believe we were the good guys, I wouldn't be on the forum. Lets not get political.
While I am bi-lingual, I can neither write nor read the other language. Can we be sure that I will end up in Intel, 'cause I sure as hell wouldn't want to do that. If I wanted that kind of job, I'd go the civilian sector. If there is a 100% that I will land a desk job, then I will not join.

Another thing, don't I sign a contract saying what my job will be, assuming I am qualified?

Thanks, Kamil.

If you do BDCP, you sign a contract stating your designator...not for ROTC. Chances of you being forced to do intel are extremely low. It's not a common road out of ROTC and if you don't put it down on your wishlist for BDCP you won't get selected for it. I wouldn't knock Intel, from what little I know (chatting with 1630s) there are some pretty cool opportunities out there. You're going to have to do a desk job no matter what route you pick in the Navy, better come to terms with that reality.

Also, brush up on your Urdu (I'm assuming that's what your bilingual in? or Baluchi or Pashto?). You can take a test and get paid for your language ability. Plus there are doors opened to you...attache, ODRP, AfPak Hands etc etc

ArkhamAsylum

500+ Posts
pilot
If there is a 100% that I will land a desk job, then I will not join.

If you go in as an officer, there is a 100% chance that you will land a desk job. You will have frequent departures into the field/air/whatever training your MOS requires, but I guarantee that most of your time will be behind a desk. Note the first 6 letters of the word "officer."

For any O's who know an exception to this blanket statement, please let me know so I can plan my lat-move accordingly.

niner61

AimingHigh
I understand that, I didn't mean it in that manner. I am willing to accept that if it means, I will be a SNA/NFO?

I have been searching and searching the website, emailed NROTC at Berkeley and I don't understand what will determine if I'm NPQ,scoliosis wise. I
know it can't be more than 20 degrees, mine's 4, last time I checked, 3 years ago. I have somewhat discomfort but I know that will go away if I start working out on my back muscles and maybe doing physical therapy(If I have to).

I am currently looking into emailing NAMI, or a Flight Surgeon, If I can find one.

Thank you.