• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

More SNA/SNFO questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

EA-6B1

PLC Jrs 1st Inc. Kilo-3
My question is this. I'm going to need corrective eye surgery to be able to apply for a SNA slot. As far as I know, I can't apply for a SNA slot until I've had the eye surgery (PRK). BUT, if I score good enough on the ASTB to be qualified as SNA & SNFO can I apply with the SNFO slot, and then have the eye surgery down the road after TBS? This way I could go ahead and get OCS out of the way, and still be on my way to being a MC aviator. I hoped I made this as clear as possible. I'm just trying to get my plans in line for the next few years. I'm only 20, so I dont know about having the eye surgery at this age? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks and Good luck to all.

"For he who serves his fellows, is among his fellows greatest."
- Meteu -

EA-6B1

PLC Jrs 1st Inc. Kilo-3
Anyone?

- Meteu -

FlyFast

I ahd PRK at 24 and just got selected for SNA in FEB. That was about 7 months after the surgery. I would get the surgery now. The reason being it makes you more marketable for both. Also if there were any complications with the surgery (rare) you would not have wasted any time at OCS or TBS to get nothing in return. My eyes are great and i'm really satisfied with it. I would think though before you sumit your package you would have to have the surgery if you wnat to fly. good luck .....patrick

EA-6B1

PLC Jrs 1st Inc. Kilo-3
Thanks. Where did you have your surgery done at? What did cost per eye? Did you get your eyes done one at a time or both at the same time?

- Meteu -

flyinmonkey

hey EA-6B1, My surgery costed $1250 per eye. As far as the age, I don't think it will matter! I am 20 also, and they were only concerned that my vision had been stable for a year prior to surgery. When I was concerned about the same things, I just called my OSO up and asked him. I would suggest asking your OSO about these things if you haven't already.

Good Luck

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
It's better to get selected up front for SNA rather than trying to switch from SNFO to SNA. It's not as easy as you may think. There are no guarentees you'll be able to switch over after commissioning, so get the surgery (if you are a good candidate) and then the SNA slot. (I'm assuming that you met the Marine scores of 4/6/6?)
ea6bflyr
icon_smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.