• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

More power! 134.3K lbs of thrust!

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
You're very confident, aren't you?
- Ramada Thompson

When you have 10,000 pounds of thrust
at your command, you have to be.

- Topper Harley

FrankTheTank

Professional Pot Stirrer
pilot
Narrowbody... Haha.. Y’all keep flying those baby airplanes, I’ll stick with widebody aircraft! ?

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
Will be interesting if the 777X actually gets any more love. Most WB buys seem to be 773ER/787 or 330NEO/350, while there’s no real 757 replacement. ??‍♂️

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
Serious, but dumb, question: what capability does an extra 6k thrust give?

FrankTheTank

Professional Pot Stirrer
pilot
Will be interesting if the 777X actually gets any more love. Most WB buys seem to be 773ER/787 or 330NEO/350, while there’s no real 757 replacement. ??‍♂️
Actually the “797” will be the Boeing replacement. If the Max doesn’t crush them.

And you heard it first but FedEx Express will be the launch customer for the B797F

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Narrowbody... Haha.. Y’all keep flying those baby airplanes, I’ll stick with widebody aircraft! ?
I’m ready for the 321 XLRs to show up in 23. I should be in a good position seniority wise to enjoy what were historically 75 destinations. Hopefully it will come with group 3 pay.

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
Which then enables - new routes?

Faster old routes?

Thinking from a business perspective.
It opens up airports that you wouldn't be allowed to fly out of otherwise (have to have single engine performance to climb out of the airport even it it's elevated and surrounded by terrain) or that you'd only be allowed to fly out of with when weight restricted (less fuel or less payload).

Takeoff performance is based on both engines getting you to decision speed down the runway, then one engine blowing up at that exact moment, and the remaining engine getting you off the ground and climbing over the mountains around the airport (or at least through a gap between the peaks)... sort of but pretty much.

FrankTheTank

Professional Pot Stirrer
pilot
Which then enables - new routes?

Faster old routes?

Thinking from a business perspective.
Enables carrying more shit, or people.

Speed is airframe limited not so much the engines.

Don’t know much about the business perspective but more thrust and newer engines would be a win. Not having to reduce freight (or people) or load less fuel especially for longer flights has to be a win.

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
I have heard that part of the business sense of the 777 (pax models, not freight) is the freight it can carry down below in addition to Pax and their luggage.

As to Boing NMA, I was hoping to see something at Paris this year, but the bad press from the MAX debacle seems to be overshadowing anything else. Exciting times nonetheless.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I have heard that part of the business sense of the 777 (pax models, not freight) is the freight it can carry down below in addition to Pax and their luggage.
Not just for the airlines. Entire Fortune 500 businesses are built around being able to (among other things) package up many people’s stuff, buy that airline freight capacity in bulk, and still give customers a good deal while making money. Ocean shipping containers, too.

The airline and FedEx/UPS crowd here has probably hauled quite a bit of my company’s freight. Logistics isn’t sexy, but it makes the economy go round.