• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

More OCS Questions, can not find answers...

nukumall

Hello, I have a few OCS questions if someone could gellp me out...

1. When you drive to OCS, do you only get the pre-detemined days to drive or can you take a couple extra days, like if your drive starts on Monday, can you leave Saturday?

2. Uniforms, what do you where at OCS, like the crome domes and green fatigues, and when(what weeks do you swap out different uniforms?) Do you where Battle Dress Uniforms, or just dress uniforms?

3. How much and how far do you need to swim, is it just 50 Meters, or is it the 400 Meter? I read somewhere that you have to swim 1 mile?

4. The memorization...Is there a test on the memorization(big 4) or do you just lose liberty if you dont know it when you are quized?

5. How many people really use a seperate blanket to sleep with so you dont mess up your bed? Is it really worth the punishment if you get caught?

6. Should people bring an iron, will it get taken away? Are the irons in the rooms really in that bad of shape?

Of course all these questions are directed towards Newport OCS, If anyone has any answers I would greatly appriciate it...Thanks

Boats

Quick Answers:

1. Leave when you want, though your travel days are only paid for the amount they say it takes. Roughly 400 miles a day I think, do a quick search as it might be on here.

2. Green poop suits for first week (can be put back in them if you suck), working/wash khakis for the middle weeks with johnny cashs/summer whites as liberty/inspection uniforms, last 3 weeks are in poly-wool khakis with a dress blue/choker inspection thrown i at some point for graduation. No BDUs, though they are shifting to the gay digi blue at some point.

3. Be comfortable in the water. The mile swim is in API and they will get you ready so dont sweat it. Just know how to do the basic strokes: crawl, breast, side and elemnetary back. You are not racing, they just want to see the proper technique (25 each I think). The pool is time away from the DIs so enjoy it.

4. Know the big 4 verbatim before you get there. There is other stuff to memorize once you get there and it just makes your life easier to know it.

5. There are plenty of blankets lying around so just use an extra, dont sweat the rack as it will get tossed regardless.

6. Bring your own iron and keep it locked up. Let others use it (that whole teamwork thing) but try to keep it clean so it doesnt mess up your whites.

Hope this helps, have fun. The salve girls wont be sick of OCS yet so enjoy your lib.

xmid

pilot
Contributor
Lets just say its a looooong cold winter up there and the salve girls can be... well... different...

MasterBates

Yeah, they are quite warm when their winter coat grows in.

(lots of hairy armed girls in RI, its "different" there)