• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

More Bad News

brownshoe

Contributor
Ron Marron is not doing well and he's in hospice now. I just spoke with his wife Debbie and she's told me that she's not hopeful. PM me for an address.

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
Damn,
That sucks. Rondebmar was one of the guys who gave me some support/help back when I first joined...
Pickle

GroundPounder

Brownshoe,

Please pass my concern and prayers to all involved. I've read this forum for several years, with the biggest draw for me being exposed to the experiences of those that have been successful leaders.

Mr. Marron ( and others ) have influenced many that they did not serve with, I appreciate the opportunity to learn from those who have gone before.

My hopes for the best conclusion for all involved.

brownshoe

Contributor
Just received this from Debbie (Ron's wife) a few moments ago:

"Hi Steve,

Ron took a turn for the worse Tuesday evening, 12/2.

Entered Hospice facility of Flagler Hospital Hospice (Stuart Meyer House) on Wednesday "for a few days".

Health failed more every day until he passed away on Saturday, 12/6. His family all came in on Friday, 12/5. He had no appetite and weighed 90 lbs. when he passed. His brothers and children took me out for dinner Saturday night. When we returned, he died in about 10 minutes and only after each one told him it was O.K. to go, his youngest brother being the last one. Cause of death was Severe C.O.P.D.

Debbie

P.S. If you want any further information, feel free to call me."

I just spoke with her on the phone and she'll be sending me further information concerning the funeral arrangements. Feel free to contact me.

Alpha_Echo_606

Does not play well with others!™
Contributor
:( Really puts a damper on happenings for this time of year, it sucks more and more every year! :(

RIP Ron, Fair Winds and Following Seas.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Well, hell. I've been on a hiatus from the Internet for numerous reasons lately, and now I come back to this. My next-door neighbor from later childhood recently passed away as well, a B-17 pilot in command who flew his assigned allotment of missions over Germany, and only lost a tail gunner. From a modern aviator to the memory of Dean Sterling and Ron Marron, I present another man's work.

"Flying West"

I hope there's a place, way up in the sky, where pilots can go, when they have to die.
A place where a guy can buy a cold beer for a friend and a comrade, whose memory is dear.
A place where no doctor or lawyer can tread, nor management type would ere be caught dead;
Just a quaint little place, kinda dark and full of smoke, where they like to sing loud, and love a good joke.
The kind of place where a lady could go, and feel safe and protected by the men she would know.

There must be a place where old pilots go, when their wings become heavy, and their airspeed gets low.
Where the whiskey is old, and the women are young, and the songs about flying and dying are sung.
Where you'd see all the fellows who'd flown west before, and they'd call out your name, as you came through the door.
Who would buy you a drink if your thirst should be bad, and relate to the others, "He was quite a good lad!"

And then through the mist, you'd spot an old guy you had not seen in years, though he taught you to fly.
He'd nod his old head, and grin ear to ear, and say "Welcome, my son, I'm glad that you're here."
"For this is the place where true flyers come, when the journey is over, and the war has been won."
"They've come here at last to be safe and alone from the government clerk and the management drone,
"Politicians and lawyers, the Feds and the noise, where the hours are happy, and these good ol' boys
"Can relax with a cold one, and a well-deserved rest. This is Heaven, my son. You've passed your last test!"

-Capt. Michael J. Larkin

Last edited:

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Wow, horribly sad news. Was not expecting to read this when I opened the thread. Please pass along my condolences to the family, his wit and contribution here will be sorely missed.