• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Money does not = common sense

Status
Not open for further replies.

contrail_dash

So I work at this FBO, we deal with lots of wealthy folks. Heck I've even gotten to the point where if you dont pull up in a G5 you aint sh*t. lol Anyways there this car dealer guy. Lots of cash, owns several planes. His fave being a Bonanza.

One day he's taxing out, I notice that he's still got all his pitot tubes covered. So I run back to a tug and speed out down the taxiway after him. I pull in front. MAN WAS HE PISSED...that is till I pulled off the covers and stuck them through his window. Didnt even thank me.

Oh yeah, and if any of us fly F-18s, dont blow over the line workers when you turn out. Not nice! But then it wasnt me so it was damn funny.

sonshine

PLC06 Applicant
Thats Hilarious contrail, what a jerk though. I also work at an FBO at Tulsa International Airport and stupid stuff happens like that a lot. One time a G4 stopped to pick people up and as they were taxing out one of the line guys noticed that the fuel door was open, so they had to grab a crew car and and catch them before they took off. Corporate Pilots nowadays have their heads so far up their but that they forget they're "required" to check their plane out before they leave.
When Wes Clarck was still in the race for the democratic nomination he flew in to Tulsa (OK) a couple times campaigning. The first time his people were reall jerks. They had flown in on a BBJ, about 30 or so people... One of his guys walks up to the desk and asks the secretary, "Do you know what kind of plane they(charter) are bringing for us?" she says "I'm not for sure sir, but I think a turboprop." The guys like, "Your an F-ing liar!" It really shocked everbody, then somebody to him he needed to apoplogize (there was a bunch of cnn media people with them) and he told them to shut the f*** up as well. Needless to say Clarks people really wanted to get him elected; granted he did win Oklahoma, although I have no idea how.
Now, here we get to the really good part. On Gen. Clarks second visist they went to another FBO and everything was peachy untill they were leaving. Somehow Clarks driver ends up driving down the runway! Of course the ops start swarming them, asking them what the heck they think they're doing. The driver starts giving them the "Do you have any idea who is in the vehicle?" crap. Ops were like "It doesn't matter if it was the Pres. of the United States, do have any idea where your at?" Of course they didn't realize that they were about to be run over by incoming aircraft. Although this happened on the other side of the airport this story got around really fast (gossip at the airport is worse then a couple 15 yr olds in high school) because it reveals the intelligence level of Clark and his people, plus it's freakin hilarious that a General wouldn't know what a runway looked like. I thought they taught you that stuff in training!? Oh well, silly me. I guess I was wrong...

Status
Not open for further replies.