• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Mom's OCS question...

McCPilot

SNA Final Select
I just had to post this funny question my mom asked me the other day...

mom: "Will they have weights at OCS so you can work out in your free time and stay in shape?"

icon_eek.gif

me: (trying not to laugh, doing a bad job) "umm...... I think lifting weights is the last thing I'll want to do in my free time while at OCS... don't worry about me being in shape, the DIs will MAKE SURE of it!"

She's a sweetheart but I don't think she completely understands OCS

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
I just had to post this funny question my mom asked me the other day...

mom: "Will they have weights at OCS so you can work out in your free time and stay in shape?"

icon_eek.gif

me: (trying not to laugh, doing a bad job) "umm...... I think lifting weights is the last thing I'll want to do in my free time while at OCS... don't worry about me being in shape, the DIs will MAKE SURE of it!"

She's a sweetheart but I don't think she completely understands OCS

It's ok. Until you get there, neither do you. :icon_wink

McCPilot

SNA Final Select
It's ok. Until you get there, neither do you. :icon_wink

Agreed, it's impossible to understand until you've experienced it for yourself. I don't pretend to understand, as I haven't experienced it yet, but I'm pretty sure I wont be lifting weights during leave...

theblakeness

Charlie dont surf!
pilot
its kind of like my grandmother trying to give me my Grandfather's Korean War era combat boots to take to OCS.

When I explained to her that they werent authorized she told me that she thought that If I explained to them that my grandfather wore them in Korea that they would understand.

This, BTW, is right before she handed me a gallon zip lock bag of homebaked suger cookies to bring with me.

Gotta love her heart.

tiger84

LT
pilot
Agreed, it's impossible to understand until you've experienced it for yourself. I don't pretend to understand, as I haven't experienced it yet, but I'm pretty sure I wont be lifting weights during leave...

Well, you won't get any leave and you won't have liberty until at least several weeks in. Plenty of people did lift and run on their own once we were given liberty, though.

tiger84

LT
pilot
How much time will we get off? I was assuming Sundays, is it more than that?

Once your class secures liberty you can leave Saturday after OCS is secured until Sunday at whatever time you're told to be back. Before you get secured the only "time off" is about three hours on Sunday morning. Candios can leave whenever they want assuming they don't have work to do.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
How much time will we get off? I was assuming Sundays, is it more than that?

Sundays are relaxed compared with the rest of the week. You will love the mornings (at least this is how it was in p-cola). As for Liberty, don't even concern yourself as to when you'll get it. If your class' liberty is anything like my class or the class above mine's was, it will be MANY weeks before you get real liberty.

BigIron

Remotely piloted
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Week 4 for us. I know.....we can't all be AJ Squared Away. That was in the real days of OCS. Back in '98.:sleep_125

McCPilot

SNA Final Select
I think I missed the JoBoy era... seen him referenced a lot, searched and nothing came up, although I found JoBoy2.0... same guy? What's the deal with him, is he just a goofball/crackup? Sounds like it's a good thing he's not in our class, lol. I'm sure we'll be hearing more about him.

BigIron

Remotely piloted
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I think I missed the JoBoy era... seen him referenced a lot, searched and nothing came up, although I found JoBoy2.0... same guy? What's the deal with him, is he just a goofball/crackup? Sounds like it's a good thing he's not in our class, lol. I'm sure we'll be hearing more about him.

Ask him, he's now bogey_spotter.