• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

MOC/Stash Jobs

Recidivist

For those coming down to PCola and checking in soon (rest of Charlie, Delta Co), you'll be increasing the size of the MOC pool by about 150% (we're currently about 160). That means more stash requirements, and I would anticipate more arbitrary requirements before you pick up for API.
For those wondering, the current goings on are that Whiting is faster, you can volunteer for Vance and you can expect to muster every morning until you pick up, unless you are stashed. I checked in down here in late August and I expect to class up for Corpus in early March.

There are lots of Stash jobs out there, and some are way better than others. For example being the new MOC Lt. is probably going to suck. If you don't mind putting in the hours, the Lts over at AMS1 and AMS2 find their stash jobs to be pretty rewarding. I work at LEAD, it's a pretty good deal (if you ask me), there's also MCMAP stash positions for MAIs, HMMV, etc.

Anyhow, shoot some questions out if you are wondering about stuff. Somebody can answer your stash questions, and if they don't post, I'll try to find the answer for you.

sanders

You checked in in August, and you expect to class up for primary in March? Mind if I ask when you expect to class up for API? Also, I assume the Marines who volunteer for Vance classing up for API a lot sooner than that? (Not that I would go to Vance... just want to know what my options are).

Thanks a lot for the info.

borinf2d

T-Bone
Unfortunetly that IS his api start date. I checked in July 17, estimated api date Jan 16. ALWAYS subject to change. Prior to the fiscal year, I was estimated in March. My choice for primary is Whiting.

Recidivist

Yes, by class up I mean for API. It's been three different dates so far since I got here, but I don't expect it to get much earlier unless everybody decides they want Whiting again, or they start taking more for Corpus.

Achilles

That dog won't hunt, Monsignor!
pilot
Has anyone heard if it is possible to get a stash job with a squadron? I've heard of SNA's being able to get PTAD to squadrons for a few months before heading down to Pensacola. If so, who's the best person to contact in a squadron to inquire about opportunities?

usmarinemike

Solidly part of the 42%.
pilot
Contributor
Has anyone heard if it is possible to get a stash job with a squadron? I've heard of SNA's being able to get PTAD to squadrons for a few months before heading down to Pensacola. If so, who's the best person to contact in a squadron to inquire about opportunities?

Go to PCola first. Knock out your requirements (NOMI, Anthro, IFS, legal, etc), and then put in for PTAD. You're banging your head against the wall to try it at the Quantico, and it's pretty easy to get once all of your requirements to class up are complete.

As far as cold calling a random squadron and getting them to want you...Good luck. You might try the unit's OpsO?