• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Mobilizations, when did you tell your employer?

surf3001x

Fully Qualified
Idk, swore in, put on the uniform, served honorably is good enough for me.

Makes me think of what people consider a true "mustang". I say any E who crossed over. Some want 4 years of service, dec's, etc ..

Last edited:

number9

Contributor
Vet status question?

Well, what I’m tracking as the criteria to be considered a veteran are the following:

» Served for 90 days or more on active duty during a wartime period (other than for training), OR
» Were discharged or released from active duty for a service-connected disability, OR
» Have six years of service in the Selected Reserve or National Guard

If you’re a DCO off the street with no prior service, I’m pretty sure you don’t meet any of the requirements above. Basically, you are not a veteran yet, but hey, you’re on your way!
This is what it said. If I'm wrong I'll try and find a way to change what I put:

Voluntary Self-Identification of Veteran Status

At xxx, thousands of veterans and military spouses are driving innovation and raising the bar on customer experience. On a daily basis, those with military backgrounds are able to apply their knowledge, skills, and leadership abilities in a wide variety of careers – influencing change across the globe. For these reasons we are actively pursuing the hiring of veterans and military spouses.

To help us track our progress, we encourage you to disclose your status as a veteran (a currently serving or former member of the U.S. Armed Forces) or a military spouse, below. Providing this information is completely voluntary and refusing to provide it will not subject you to any adverse treatment.

Are you a veteran?
Yes
No
I choose not to self-identify

Are you currently a member of the U.S. National Guard or Reserves?
Yes
No

Are you a Military spouse?
Yes
No

If you believe you belong to any of the categories of protected veterans listed below, please indicate by checking the appropriate box.

Yes, I believe one or more of the below categories apply to me.
No, I do not believe one or more of the categories apply to me.

xxx is a Federal Government contractor subject to the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974, as amended by the Jobs for Veterans Act of 2002, 38 U.S.C. 4212 (VEVRAA), which requires Government contractors to take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment (1) disabled veterans; (2) recently separated veterans; (3) active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans; and (4) Armed Forces service medal veterans. The following invitation to self-identify your protected veteran status is made pursuant to Section 4212. Disclosure of this information is completely voluntary and refusing to provide it will not subject you to any adverse treatment. A “protected veteran” is any of the following:
  1. Disabled Veteran: a veteran of the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service who is entitled to compensation (or who but for the receipt of military retired pay would be entitled to compensation) under laws administered by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs; or a person who was discharged or released from active duty because of a service-connected disability.
  2. Recently Separated Veteran: any veteran during the three-year period beginning on the date of such veteran's discharge or release from active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval, or air service.
  3. Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran: a veteran who served on active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service during a war, or in a campaign or expedition for which a campaign badge has been authorized under the laws administered by the Department of Defense.
  4. Armed Forces Service Medal Veteran: a veteran who, while serving on active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service, participated in a United States military operation for which an Armed Forces service medal was awarded pursuant to Executive Order 12985.
Blue coloring is mine, bolding is from the original. I said "No" to veteran status and "Yes" to reserve status.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
If someone has gonads and the company is ok with them identifying as a woman, than maybe they should be ok with a direct commission office or E-3 with two years National Guard service identifying as a Veteran.