• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Moaa

D_Rob

Lead LTJG
Anyone a member? Heard anything good/bad about it?

I've thought about joining and found out that if you join MOAA you can then join PENFED and they have some really good deals.

Clux4

Banned
Anyone a member? Heard anything good/bad about it?

I've thought about joining and found out that if you join MOAA you can then join PENFED and they have some really good deals.

I know MOAA has quite a few career fairs for junior officers transitioning from Active Duty. If a good job is all you get from it, I'd say it is worth it. Assuming you are at that stage :D

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
This is kind of related:

Is it worth it to join AOPA? I know they are a big lobbying group as well as producers of a glossy magazine with airplane photos; but what exactly do they do for you?

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
This is kind of related:

Is it worth it to join AOPA? I know they are a big lobbying group as well as producers of a glossy magazine with airplane photos; but what exactly do they do for you?

AOPA is General Aviation oriented, but they (and EAA too) do good work by pushing back on some TSA (and other agencies) whiz kid good ideas.

Specifically, a couple years ago the TSA wanted a national ID card program for all pilots. (Yes, in addition to your pilot certificate that already has your full name, DOB, height/weight, eye/hair color, address...) Another good ideas was earlier this year when the FCC randomly decided to ban all 121.5 ELTs this year and figured a couple months notice ought to be enough heads-up. Off the top of my head, about seven years ago in Chicago, Mayor Daley gave the city more parkland and saved it from the terrorist threat of Meigs Field by bulldozing the runways in the middle of the night. Luckily, he didn't even tell the FAA- I guess a NOTAM could've tipped off the terrorists. Anyway, there was pushback before that happened and fallout afterward.

Food for thought :)