• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Mmr, Bdcp, Nrotc, Ocs?

ABH atMaritime

Greetings,
My name is Patrick, I separated from active duty last year, I was a flight deck yellow shirt. I am currently studying marine transportation, with a minor in inter-model transportation and port security. I WANT A FLIGHT CONTRACT, and that's it. I desperately want to go back into the navy, but as a NA, or NFO. What is the best option?

The Suny Maritime college currently has a Merchant Marine program, that throws a couple $ your way, and gives you a commission in the Navy Reserve. There is a option to go active after graduation. I figure this would be the best route for me considering I only want a flight contract, not SWO, not supply just aviation. If i am not able to achieve flight school contract, I can just do my two week AT every year and get a retirement. Can any of you gentlemen help me out with what you think I should do?

bsubdevils

Well, I don't know how much it will help but I'm in BDCP right now and gotta say it's a fantastic program. You know from the day you're in where your going [obligatory if you pass training statement here]. I got picked up for SNFO couple months ago. Great way to finish college, if you're in your last four semesters.

I don't know about the others, just know that BDCP you've got a guaranteed shot at wings. Hope that helps!

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
BDCP SNA here in Primary. Every option has it's pros and cons, but for me, there IS NOTHING better than BDCP (at least for me). Great program, so do a search on it! :p

jitiola

Tengo La Camisa Negra!!!!
Maritime eh? Well, welcome to the club. Have you considered joining the rotc unit over here while doing the dual MMR program? If you get the scholarship you'll be getting your monthly stipend along with you MMR money. You'll have your CG license, Navy commission, and hopefully you SNA/NFO designation along with your extra pocket change by the time graduation rolls around.

Hit me with a PM if you have any more Q's (I'm only in ROTC btw, not pursuing a CG license)