• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Mmm Mmm Galley food

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
I didn't mind Ney Hall...I lived chow to chow to get through OCS. I still have a week left, but I'm doing a lot of my outbriefs and what not now.

The main thing that would send me into a rage would be the lunch ladies who would decide to come sweep up around the salad bar RIGHT during the lunch/dinner rushes.

A close second was when the milk always ran out.

puck_11

Growler LSO
pilot
I didn't mind Ney Hall...I lived chow to chow to get through OCS. I still have a week left, but I'm doing a lot of my outbriefs and what not now.

The main thing that would send me into a rage would be the lunch ladies who would decide to come sweep up around the salad bar RIGHT during the lunch/dinner rushes.

A close second was when the milk always ran out.

Wow, quite a bit different from Pensacola! Chow used to be the one of the most stressful parts of the day.

jt71582

How do you fly a Clipper?
pilot
Contributor
Thanksgiving was phenomenal. Looking back I can't figure out how I ate everything...I think we might have been given regular silverware...but that was the best meal I think I've ever eaten. Galley Thanksgiving is no joke!

McBuff

Sees the light
Wow, quite a bit different from Pensacola! Chow used to be the one of the most stressful parts of the day.

In Newport we used the same chowhall as the rest of the base so it's way toned down. Ballistics are (kinda) secured, as are most of the other DI shenanigans.

The worst was fridays when your choice is steak or king crab legs. I always thought that was the Chow hall getting in on the OCS mind fuck action.

jt71582

pilot
Contributor
Wednesday, November 5th - Cheeseburger Wednesday. The 30 minute rule didn't apply to 06-09, as Gunny S*** took his frustrations out on us...probably the worst beating we had at OCS - with bellys full of cheeseburger goodness, I threw up. =)

All of the DIs were nuts that day, we had a theory - that maybe it had something to do with the election results.

FMRAM

Combating TIP training AGAIN?!
Holy shit, ain't that the truth...

I was always put off by the 'progressive' integration of handicapped persons into the Rhode Island workforce, and specifically at Ney Hall. Every once and a while, one of them would go on a rampage in the scullery, and the QRF would be called in to subdue them with tranq darts. Oh, and never, ever use the salt shakers. EVER. Ever wonder why the shit's all clumpy? Those 'integrated' folks had a tendency to lick them while they were cleaning up.

Of course, I was there about ten years ago, so things may have changed.

I watched one of the handicapped workers at Ney Hall lick the scullery window one time. I was too shocked to laugh. I had no idea about the salt shaker shit, that is just disgusting.

jt71582

pilot
Contributor
I watched one of the handicapped workers at Ney Hall lick the scullery window one time. I was too shocked to laugh. I had no idea about the salt shaker shit, that is just disgusting.

One day they all started making fun of us, they were all going "Kill!" back in the scullery...we were trying so hard not to laugh.

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None

I have nothing against the proper integration of handicapped people into the work force at all. Given the proper situations, its definitely a good thing. But to have people who will do things like lick a salt shaker (handicapped or not) and then put it back on the table working around food isn't necessarily the best idea.

Ken_gone_flying

"I live vicariously through myself."
pilot
Contributor
My class witnessed two of the handicapped workers get in an arguement one day, it was pretty funny. It sounded like this: "I'm going to tell the boss you did this!" "Oh yeah? I'll tell the boss about that one time you did that and I'll get you fired!" They were screaming damn near at the top of their lungs by the way as they were serving us our food..

blakaccl1

They finally got rid of the handicapped. I can't believe they'd give me the stink eye whenever I asked for more eggs.

Bonko

Final Select SNA (Sept 13th)
my wife thinks it is disturbing I am looking forward to OCS after what she reads here =)

tjp2008

my wife thinks it is disturbing I am looking forward to OCS after what she reads here =)

Maybe it is because I have blacked out most of the bad memories, or because they occurred on little sleep and empty stomachs (no matter how much food we were given, I was still always hungry), but I have more good times memories of OCS than bad ones. Pretty soon you'll be sharing and bragging about "worst beating" stories like badges of honor... Like the one time Gunny soandso beat the H-Class roll ins so bad a few of them had to go to the hospital with Rhabdo.. I wasn't there but that sounded like fun

Bonko

Final Select SNA (Sept 13th)
you let your wife on airwarriors? terrible.

Well I use my TV as a monitor so she see's it.

BTW have they started talking about when they would begin training for the P-8 or are they going to train for the P-3 for the next couple of years and then send the maritime guys back for like a type rating when P-8's are fleet ready?