• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

MJ, for short...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enishi1983

Solid Snake
does the navy and the marine corps accept ppl that has tried marijuana like 5+ years ago? i'm talking about both the NROTC and OCS. b/c i have a friend, who i tried to take, to rotc, but he wasn't sure.

Taxman2A

War were declared.
Use of Marijuana is automatically a disqualifier. This isn't all that big of a deal though, because alot of things are disqualifiers (use of many prescription medicines). Your friend will need to get a waiver. Generally speaking, Marijuana waivers are a pretty simple thing to obtain. This depends on what your friend reports. They will ask him when he used Marijuana, and how many times he used it.

If he reports that he used Marijuana 3 times 5 years ago and never again, you can bet your bottom dollar that the waiver will be approved, and extremely rapidly at that.

If your friend reports that he used Marijuana last month, it may be a while before he can get a waiver. If he reports that he used Marijuana over 1,000 times several years ago, he may have difficulty getting a waiver as well.

I also believe that the system operates on a "magic number" regarding how many times you have used the drug. For instance, if the "magic number" is 11, and you smoke pot 9 times, you can still get in, but if you report 12 times, you are out of luck.

I learned all of my information regarding them accepting marijuana waivers from a friend of mine who enlisted in the Army. As he was about to sign his contract he nonchalantly made a comment to his liason that he "got in, even without admitting that he smoked pot" (apparently making the mistake of assuming his liason was just another recruiter- not the case). At any rate, his reporting his use of Marijuana made him lose his guaranteed MOS (military police), but because he reported that he smoked pot 6 times, he was under the "magic number" and I guess was able to obtain a waiver for marijuana in under 30 minutes and still enlist that day.

Enishi1983

Solid Snake
let us just say that my friend cannot join the military then, b/c holy crap-he is a super pot head.

i remember meeting some rotc kids when i was in it, and ppl were just saying that they lied... i just can't believe they don't feel guilty lying!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.