• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Missle (?????) seen near jet flying over Texas

burningfeathers

Reading the grout jokes
Well thats interesting/scary. You would think that if some buddy was looking to raise hell with a black market manpad they would choose a bigger and more costly target than a commuter plane.
I'm thinking it was just some kick ass model rocket, in which case 13,000 would be pretty damn impressive, but not unheard of by any means.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Tomahawks will regularly cruise through Area 2 at Whiting. No MOA, no Restricted area. Who knows what it actually was...stuff happens.

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Had a friend go face to face with a cruise missile on a low level NE of Sand Dog.

We only saw it in his HUD on the tape playback. Oddly, no one ever took credit for it. :D

Bevo16

pilot
This guy was in Liberty County just outside of Houston. My guess is that some geeky NASA dudes built a home made rocket and set it off.

Pags

N/A
pilot
This guy was in Liberty County just outside of Houston. My guess is that some geeky NASA dudes built a home made rocket and set it off.

But that answer is boring! The Gods of the Interwebs will strike you down for trying to use the simplest answer as opposed to much more devious government schemes.

Me? I'm sure it was launched from a black helicopter, or maybe from the same ship that the Navy used to shoot down TWA 800.

Ken_gone_flying

"I live vicariously through myself."
pilot
Contributor
Me? I'm sure it was launched from a black helicopter, or maybe from the same ship that the Navy used to shoot down TWA 800.

Ah yes, government conspiracy theorists. Tonight I went to the movies with my wife, we just got home about 15 minutes ago. As we were leaving the theater walking through the parking lot, we passed a mini van that had a bumper sticker on the back that said "9/11 was an inside job" and on the bottom said some garbage like go to www dot whatever to read about the government conspiracy. I came home with a souvenir tonight. :D (but I threw it in the trash when I got home)

Picaroon

Helos
pilot
Ah yes, government conspiracy theorists. Tonight I went to the movies with my wife, we just got home about 15 minutes ago. As we were leaving the theater walking through the parking lot, we passed a mini van that had a bumper sticker on the back that said "9/11 was an inside job" and on the bottom said some garbage like go to www dot whatever to read about the government conspiracy. I came home with a souvenir tonight. :D (but I threw it in the trash when I got home)

Somewhere on the internets a blog just popped up about how the government silenced the blogger's free speech by sending agents to tear off his van's bumper sticker. You know, to prevent the masses from becoming aware of the huge conspiracy.

JIMC5499

ex-Mech
When's the next season of MasterBlasters supposed to start? All of the episodes I have seen take place in Texas.