• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

"Miseast Hostiles capture Navy pilots"

rondebmar

Ron "Banty" Marron
pilot
Contributor
Excerpted from my profile:
"1965 With my flight leader, after crash landing in the northern Sahara (in a couple of USN attack aircraft), was illegally incarcerated incommunicado at an Algerian military outpost, then tx’ed to their military prison in Algiers...prior to flawlessly planning and executing our escape in less than one week…successful escape incident very much covered up by the US Gov’t"
Jerry will be presenting a power point presentation to the local Old Bold Pilots Association monthly meeting at Desert Palms CA later this month ...subject as noted above.

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
I'd love to see that presentation. Any chance you might be able to share with the group? Always good to learn more history.

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Jerry will be presenting a power point presentation to the local Old Bold Pilots Association monthly meeting at Desert Palms CA later this month ...subject as noted above.
Yo Ron, was Jerry your fellow Spad driver on the Algerian adventure? Since I've always been assured there are no "Old Bold Pilots", who constitutes the organization's membership?
BzB

rondebmar

Ron "Banty" Marron
pilot
Contributor
Yo Ron, was Jerry your fellow Spad driver on the Algerian adventure? Since I've always been assured there are no "Old Bold Pilots", who constitutes the organization's membership?
BzB

Hugh ...yes, Jerry was flight leader. USN tried to crucify him, did not work out for those involved in that endeavor. By virtue of some good fortune, Jerry had friends in high places ...perhaps very high places. Came out of it, as he should have, smelling like the proverbial rose ...promotion and wrote his own PCS orders for his next tour.

(Almost immediately after incident, Jerry was ordered back to COMFAIRJAX ...I remained with the squadron (VA-35) for the remainder of the cruise ...six months!!) :(

Google up Old, Bold Pilots ...lots of info there regarding the Association. Believe there's a group in San Diego

rondebmar

Ron "Banty" Marron
pilot
Contributor
I'd love to see that presentation. Any chance you might be able to share with the group? Always good to learn more history.

Bubba ...beginning to reduce my workload somewhat (volunteer stuff), dropping some forums, takin' life a little easier, due to health issues. No longer interested in writing a book, as has been strongly suggested for many years, by many folks, including a number of Academy grads.

If I do decide to begin, I'll seek John's ok to do it right here, on his forum ...maybe beginning next year. (Got some more mundane TINS tales to get out first!) :D