• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Miramar Base Housing?

AngelxxRose

*I searched first before posting but found no specific info on Miramar's housing - I also asked this question on the Spouses Corner*

We will be moving to Miramar this summer and are interested in base housing. Does anyone here live in Miramar's base housing? I am sure there is a long wait list but I wanted to hear what you thought of it. I will be calling base housing tomorrow to get the basic info but would love to talk to someone who actually lives there! Thanks in advance!

Also, does anyone know if the military moves you again if there is no base housing available when you PCS (and have your name on the wait list)? If anyone has gone through that process I would love to hear from you too!

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
*I searched first before posting but found no specific info on Miramar's housing - I also asked this question on the Spouses Corner*

We will be moving to Miramar this summer and are interested in base housing. Does anyone here live in Miramar's base housing? I am sure there is a long wait list but I wanted to hear what you thought of it. I will be calling base housing tomorrow to get the basic info but would love to talk to someone who actually lives there! Thanks in advance!

Also, does anyone know if the military moves you again if there is no base housing available when you PCS (and have your name on the wait list)? If anyone has gone through that process I would love to hear from you too!

I don't live on base, but I will say that the family housing looks pretty nice from what I have seen. I've actually been pretty impressed with the base overall, compared to many I have visited or worked at. Normally during PCS moves that I have made (4 of them so far), the shippers will take your stuff to temporary storage until you have a permanent address for them to deliver to. If base housing is full, they will just deliver it to you wherever you choose to live.

7562Driver

pilot
I live in Miramar base housing at Murphy Canyon. Isn't bad at all. The houses are around 1300 square feet. Most of the houses are 3 bedroom / 2 bathroom with a fairly large kitchen and living room. There are some 4 bedroom homes on the company grade side, but they are held for large families or special needs families. If you move out here and there is nothing available for immediate move in then TMO will place your stuff in storage until you have a delivery address for them. Also, if you have to live off base due to non-availability and then have a home open up, they military will move you again. That is exactly what I did with my family. The drive to Miramar is about 15 minutes. The airport/downtown are very easy to get to. Sea World, the Zoo and Balboa Park are about 10 minutes away. The housing is very much in the middle of things. If you don't want to live right next to base you can actually request housing at many different locations. Some housing just opened up actually on base for WO to 0-5 but the wait is around 2 years. If you have any specific questions PM me.

MettGT

pilot
Thread revival...does anyone have any experience with base housing on PB? My wife and I (no kids) are considering throwing our names on the waiting list. I've scoured most of the San Diego housing threads, but haven't seen much reference to it. We've never done the base housing thing before, so we don't really know what to expect.