• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Miramar airshow

JIMMY

Hey all,

Went to the Miramar airshow this weekend and it freakin rocked, even with the low cloud ceilings. Any one else go? Have a favorite performance or static display?

I thought the Rhino demo was the best ive ever seen. I also saw the night show for the first time which was cool.

I had my first experience at an O'club on Fri and Sat night and it was AWESOME!! Packed with aviators... booz... and hot chicks. Got to talk to a lot of cool people, and met a couple from AW. Thats something to definatly look forward to after OCS ;). Oh, and 323's bus rocks! I love the tail hook.

-jP

Fezz CB

"Spanish"
None
The Miramar Airshow always kicked a$$ when i used to live there. I'm looking forward to the Blue Angel Homecoming Show next month.

Lonestar155

is good to go
Didnt make it like previous years, but was there an F-22 demo? In all my years going to airshows, the -22 put all other demos to sleep. sadly.

Scotty-O

Due to the government,I feel over-stimulated.
I went on Sat and it was great! They were supposed to have an F-22 fly-by, but I never saw it, due to cloud cover maybe(?). My favorite part of the show was a guy named Shawn Tucker who flies a sporty biplane sponsored by Oracle - the stuff he does with that plane is UNREAL - totally out of control and yet sooo in control!
I'll post some pics soon.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
I thought the Rhino demo was the best ive ever seen. I also saw the night show for the first time which was cool.

Didn't go to the Miramar show, but this summer I saw the -122 demo jet going at it during practice in Lemoore and I concur, it is bad@ss to watch. For the Rhino guys: can you do the same maneuvers in a Rhino that isnt slick?

badger16

None
they had two -22's do a demo at oshkosh this year...it was the best thing i've ever seen...one would be doing flybys well the other would be just sitting on its tail hovering around...just crazy to see...but the rhino demo is also really awesome in its own right...i saw them in chicago...the legacy flight is an incredible sight!

Sajin

I made it Sunday. Blues are always awesome. First time I saw Tucker, and that was amazing. I don't know if he was flying so much as doing aerobatic gymnastics and how he could talk while performing high G maneuvers is pretty cool too. Great show.