• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Mini OCS

Piposterous

"The road to success is always under construction"
pilot
Yea definitely toss your hygene gear in a ziplock bag because most if not all of the contents in your bag will be tossed on the floor countless times. They won't make you take shit out of ziplock bags, so anything you don't want to get dirty, toss it in a ziplock. As far as other suggestions, I don't have many, however make damn sure you do not overpack because you will be holding your bag over your head for extended periods of time and the lighter that shit is the better. Lastly, when you do the pack/unpack make sure you are NEVER the last one finished.

kbarron

I recently attended the mini-OCS for RS Springfield at Camp Fogarty this past weekend. It was a great learning experience - just by getting a taste of it I feel able to better prepare myself for actually going there. We were issued dummy rifles and had classes on customs & courtesies, weapons handling, land nav, 5 paragraph order, code of conduct, and rope climbing. We conducted a PFT, ran an obstacle/confidence course, LRCs, and had a few hours doing drill with the sergeant instructors.

The sergeant instructor time was great, they were some of the most professional people I've met...I'm also not sure when I'll get my voice back either. They were fair , demanding, and extremely knowledgeable. We had about 1 Sgt. Instructor for ~60 candidates however, and were told it is a much different experience when you have 4 Sgt. Instructors for the same size group.

We had Q&As with candidates awaiting commissioning, lieutenants awaiting pickup for TBS, the OSOs, the OSAs, and the CO & Sgt.Maj. of the RS. I think I filled half of my notebook with notes - by the end I was struggling to come up with any more questions to ask. The lack of sleep added some challenge - we had lights out from 2130 to 0515 though it was eye-opening to experience that often-spoken-of dilemma of how much preparing for tomorrow do I want to do tonight versus how much sleep do I want to get.

Overall, great experience, I feel much better suited to prepare for OCS.

Piposterous

"The road to success is always under construction"
pilot
If any of y'all haven't had your flight physical yet, feel free to contact me if you have any questions. I am currently down in Pensacola conducting mine and I would be happy to share my experience.