• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Military Wife book signing in Pensacola

Status
Not open for further replies.

shortncurly

I found this in the Pensacola News Journal today:

"Sarah Smiley, author of the syndicated column 'Shore Duty', will be signing copies of 'Chicken Soup for the Military Wife's Soul' at 2 p.m. May 7th at Barnes & Noble Booksellers, 1200 Airport Boulevard.

Smiley's essay, 'Part of the Navy means Saying Goodbye,' is one of 101 stories selected for the book now in stores. To order a copy autographed by Smiley, please visit www.SarahSmiley.com. Smiley's own book, 'Going Overboard: The Misadventures of the Military Housewife,' will be released in November by Penguin/New American Library."

I just thought I'd put this out there, since "Shore Duty" has been mentioned a couple of times here. I know I'd like to go -- I don't usually go in for the "Chicken Soup" books, but this one looks good -- so anyone in the Pensacola area interested, send me a PM!

KimberlyD

Sarah Smiley is supposed to be really good, Jacey Eckhart is also pretty good, avoid Meredith Leyva (who will be moving to P'Cola shortly)

Kathy

Reservist Wife
Contributor
Why "avoid Meredith Leyva"? I really enjoyed her "Married to the Military" book.

Status
Not open for further replies.