• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Military: U.S. helicopter pilots to change tactics

Single Seat

Average member
pilot
None
No, then we are sitting ducks for MANPAD threats.

How about we just stop listening to hollywood for anything. Those people act in movies and dramas....that's it. Certainly not experts in foreign policy.

That was kind of the point. Miss the joke there?

robav8r

None
Contributor
Once again, thanks to the US media to forwarn our enemy what we're doing.

Here's a tactic, we load up all the Hollywood "elite" on a Helo, and drag ass over Baghdad for about 4 hours at 500' and 50 knots?
Man, you are on to something!!! Question - can we put Sean Penn in a Gunners Belt and let him sit in the door ???
:icon_carn

invertedflyer

500 ft. from said obstacle
they'd probably start handing out tie dye to the Iraqi kids... then our gunners would be culturally confused... is this Oregon or Iraq?

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Can we get back to blaming the Hornets? There is plenty to blame on the little bugs.

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
SA-7%20Grail%20in%20Iraq_jpg.jpg

A military "expert" on CNN was saying that SA-7's can be had for as little as $500 on the world market....

That would give me cause for concern.

But a helo against say 12.7 mm will just as easily ruin your day - and there is no shortage of those either.

1rotorhead

pilot
One thing that may help the army is to change the paint of their helos. Their dark color is much easier to see than the Navy/USMC gray. I've seen some apaches painted gray, but they seem to be the exception.

invertedflyer

500 ft. from said obstacle
Excellent point...the gray actually works better than black at night... I didn't believe it until I saw some -46s flying around with their lights off out at the stumps... good shtuff!

C-Mike

... I've seen some apaches painted gray, but they seem to be the exception.

Don't think the Army (US) has Apaches in any other color than green. The Isrealis on the other hand...

Attachments

• GOI Longbow.jpg
    GOI Longbow.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 40
  • GOI Longbow 2.jpg
    GOI Longbow 2.jpg
    230.3 KB · Views: 38