• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Military Leave While at OCS

jflyer

Hey guys, I just got found out that I'll be going to OCS May 25, 2009. I'm really excited but my question is, I work full time right now and want to be able to come back to my job after the 12 wks of training (as I still have 1 semester of college remaining). Is my job required to hold my job while I am at OCS?

jflyer

Okay, thanks for the link...I've begun reading it. It seems like it is very in depth. I'm going to read it and then wait to see what Human Resources has to say. My concern was that even after I complete OCS I am still nothing in the Marines until I get my degree, so I'm just afraid that they will hold that against me. I guess I'll just wait and see.

Lawman

None
Okay, thanks for the link...I've begun reading it. It seems like it is very in depth. I'm going to read it and then wait to see what Human Resources has to say. My concern was that even after I complete OCS I am still nothing in the Marines until I get my degree, so I'm just afraid that they will hold that against me. I guess I'll just wait and see.

Have HR call your OSO if they have any questions about specifics. He more then likely has experiance with this very same situation. Last thing you want to do is get into a pissing contest with HR about whether or not they can fire you. You'll win in the end but it will be a road of suck till that end.