• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Midshipman Authorization For Flight Suits

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
What inspection was going on?

I was wondering the same thing, never knew a Navy inspection to include checking if the right folks were in the right uniform. That sounds more like a USAF thing.

Pags

N/A
pilot
I was wondering the same thing, never knew a Navy inspection to include checking if the right folks were in the right uniform. That sounds more like a USAF thing.
ATG would check for appropriate flight deck clothing during an AVCERT but that's the only time I ever saw it come up.

When USS LASTSHIP went through INSURV all of the functional leads had to be in NWUs to show a unified appearance during the in-brief. But that was gamesmanship and not required.

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
The command was concerned due to a major inspection going on while the Mids would be there. Nobody was sure whether or not there would be hits for unauthorized personnel wearing the bags (the front office willing to take the hit for intel-o).

Eventually a loop hole was found (although I argued not needed) and they got flight suits. Point ended up being moot when they showed up with bags that their ROTC unit issues them.

That's the most VP thing I've ever heard. I'm embarrassed for your entire strike fighter wing... We don't even do that in P-3s.

When we got mids we gave them all bags and took them on a trip to Europe for a few weeks.

I wouldn't even bother sending any video in for the strike fighter ball this year, since it sounds like your squadron is seriously lacking in esprit de corps.

Last edited: