• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Michigan St vs. UNC coming to an aircraft carrier near you

KBayDog

As someone who hates basketball almost as much as I hate bos'ns pipes and 1MCs, I'd only see it if the game were played on the flight deck while underway.

eas7888

Looking forward to some P-8 action
pilot
Contributor
As someone who hates basketball almost as much as I hate bos'ns pipes and 1MCs, I'd only see it if the game were played on the flight deck while underway.

With a pitching deck? Now that would be fun to watch.

DocT

Dean of Students
pilot
As a State grad, I think it's a great idea. The school has been doing gimmicky sports things like this for a while, but this will take the cake. Go Green!

helolumpy

Apprentice School Principal
pilot
Contributor
So I'm actually watching the game as I type this. I must say that I'm pleasantly surprised to see as many uniforms in the audience as I do.
For some reason, I was picturing a "Super Bowl" type crowd of lots of boosters and sponsors with the troops having to watch the game from Vulture's Row...

Recovering LSO

Suck Less
pilot
Contributor
Cheese factor is high, but good on the crew of Chucky V for putting on a good show and representing well. Was happy to see the game stopped for colors, on the ship's schedule ;)

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
So I'm actually watching the game as I type this. I must say that I'm pleasantly surprised to see as many uniforms in the audience as I do.
For some reason, I was picturing a "Super Bowl" type crowd of lots of boosters and sponsors with the troops having to watch the game from Vulture's Row...

If you volunteered a certain number of hours with the setup, you got free tickets. I know there were a lot of commands that were sending people over the last few weeks, so there's been plenty of bodies to fill the seats.

I was a little surprised that there wasn't one spot still open, maybe on the stern, to land a helo. Maybe I'm over-thinking it, but it's something that I would have thought the Secret Service would have liked to have as an option.