• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Methacholine Challenge

Skinsuit

pilot
I searched for this specific question but couldn't find a thread that addressed it, but I apologize if it's already been answered.

Like many other people, I had childhood asthma that resolved itself years ago and have been inhaler and symptom free for almost twenty years. However, I still need a PFT and MC in order to get a waiver from the flight doc. My question is whether anyone (OCS applicants in particular - civilians with no military benegits) has successfully been able to do a methacholine challenge at a Naval facility. I have a high deductible HSA insurance and will have to pay the test out of pocket, and it'll be two grand at either of my regional pulmonary docs, so I'd love to not pay for the test if possible. My OSO didn't know of anything offhand, and the flight doc at Cherry Point said she refers active duty patients to somewhere in Virginia, but they are obviously covered under Tricare.

Thanks!