• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Merry Christmas

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
well both birds are missing tail skids...
True. Neither of the birds ever had tail skids...Lionel is considered more of a toy train manufacturer rather than a model train manufacturer. The birds are manufactured by Ertl (for Lionel) and from what I understand, Ertl's attention-to-detail is along the lines of Lionel's...fairly lacking.

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
True. Neither of the birds ever had tail skids...Lionel is considered more of a toy train manufacturer rather than a model train manufacturer. The birds are manufactured by Ertl (for Lionel) and from what I understand, Ertl's attention-to-detail is along the lines of Lionel's...fairly lacking.
You know @mad dog for a so-called "watch enthusiast" you sure know a lot about toy trains.

Malo83

Keep the Faith
Santa on the USS Nimitz :D
US_Navy_091225-N-8421M-103_t._Jon_Sunderland_dresses_in_a_Santa_suite_while_directing_aircraft_operations_aboard_the_aircraft_carrier_USS_Nimitz_(CVN_68)_Christmas_Day.jpg

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
You know @mad dog for a so-called "watch enthusiast" you sure know a lot about toy trains.
Well...I consider myself somewhat of a model railroader. I received my first Lionel set [O27 gauge] in 1967 or 1968 at the age of 3 or 4. I got into N gauge in the 1990's as well as added more Lionel O27 and O gauge during that time. I also inherited a significant amount of HO gauge in the late 1990's. For the past several years the only thing I do is set up a circle of O gauge track around the Christmas tree and run some Lionel...everything else stays packed away...BUT when I retire, it'll all get unpacked and be set up or on display in my dedicated 'train room'...which the wife unit doesn't know about yet. :D