• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Merry Christmas

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
@ChuckMK23 showed up to do the ceremonial breakout of the Lionel USN UH-1 helos and flat cars for the mad dog family Christmas train.

Post your ceremonial Christmas shenanigans on this thread.

IMG_9435.JPG

IMG_9431.JPG

jmcquate

Contributor
vf103viamarbreysantacat.jpg

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
@ChuckMK23...so I was looking at the close-up pic of the two UH-1s (and the Grinch) that I posted here. Notice anything missing on one of the birds? See if you (or anyone else) can find it. Attention to detail, candidate. :eek:

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
Freaking drone school...I can't hack it...I'm DORing before I get attrited...bah humbug.

IMG_9475.JPG

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
What is up with your wrist? Are you really wearing two watches?!
Affirm. It's a long and ridiculous story...so here goes...I'm a watch enthusiast (not a collector) who's been into watches since the age of 8 (1972) thanks to my uncle who's a watchmaker/clockmaker/collector.

In the pic previously posted (and posted below), I'm wearing two Seiko [mechanical] automatics on one nylon NATO strap. One Seiko is a 6309-7049 that I purchased new at the NAS Whiting Field NEX in 1987 when I was an SNA in VT-2...it was my first dedicated 'flying watch' and I still wear it flying today. The other Seiko is an SRP777K1 that I purchased new in 2016...it is a first year 'reissue' of the venerable Seiko 6309-7049 which ceased production in 1988. I like to wear both watches at the same time because I believe they 'go together'. :D

Pics from today at Dunkin' Donuts...

6309-7049 top, SRP777K1 bottom...
IMG_9465.JPG

6309-7049...
IMG_9472.JPG

SRP777K1...
IMG_9473.JPG