• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Merry Christmas

FlyinRock

FlyingRock, Merry Christmass to you and yours, for those who object to that phrase--Semper Fi Mac (meant in the OLD Corps way)
Semper Fi (meant in the original and current way)
And, Yes I remember what the MAC part was!
Merry Christmas - Chesty, wherever you are....

Will_T

Will_T
Merry Christmas guys, or whatever you celebrate.
During this time of year, my family and I always celebrate what were thankful for (on top of Christmas), and I"m thankful for our great country, the health of my family, the chance to serve in the best military in the world, and for all of those on this site that put their lives in danger for me and the rest of America. God speed, and God bless.

blackbart22

pilot
The bar girls in Thieve's Alley in Yoko said "We love Crease-ee moss." We asked if they were Christians, and they said no. We asked why they loved Christmas then. "Presentos" was their reply.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
MERRY CHRISTMAS, Rock ...

+ rep when my fuckin' clock resets, compliments of the Nazi-like AW's 'clock' system-a ... :)

I 'smell' Christmas ...it must be the candles ... ???

Or ........... since we're talkin' @ WESTPAC ... who knows who smells what ... ???? :eek::eek::eek::eek::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

redlipskowloon.jpg

Spent more than 'one' Christmas there ... even got a couple of presents !!! :D

HercDriver

Idiots w/boats = job security
pilot
Super Moderator
If you trace our roots to the British, this country was founded by people seeking financial opportunity, not religious freedom. The London Company sought to colonize this area and begin trading; English settlers set up a colony in Jamestown in 1607, native tobacco is planted in 1609, and by 1616 tobacco was an export from Virginia (four years before the Mayflower).

That being said, I hope everyone has a chance to spend Christmas and the holidays with their families, and everyone stays safe.

yak52driver

Contributor
My wife is Jewish (which makes me a not), so Happy Hanukkah and Merry Christmas to everyone that protects this amazing country that we are all so fortunate to live in.

beaverslayer

pilot
Really?!?

Try visiting Great Britain, Germany, Hungary, or the Czech Republic during Christmastime and see if you still believe that. It is probably safe to say that most of our "American" Christmas traditions come from other countries.

And before anybody asks, yes, I have been to all of these places during the time period in question.

Christmas was originally a week long pagan Roman holiday that celebrated complete lawlessness--the courts were closed for a week and nobody could be punished for breaking any existing laws, which they took full advantage of. The early Christians (minus the Puritans) began to recognize the birth of Jesus on the day that ended this pagan holiday to celebrate their freedom from those sorts of pagan practices. From there it slowly became more and more materialistic, evolving into what we see today. It is no more an "American" holiday than is New Years or Easter. Christians, myself included, typically try to find a balance between the gift-giving/family reunion holiday it usually is (and which I love celebrating) and remembering the meaning that it holds: the birth of our Savior, which I also love celebrating.

That being said, I sincerely appreciate all of your service to our country, regardless of how/if you celebrate Christmas. So thank you all, and Merry Christmas! God bless you all.

CUPike11

Still avoiding work as much as possible....
None
Contributor
My only problem is that there are certain "Christians" in the US who give the majority of us a bad name. Not all of us are crazy....not by a longshot.

Anyways, I'd definitely want to reach out and say thanks to everyone wherever they are currently and wish a Merry Christmas/Happy Hanukkah/Happy Kwanzaa and Happy New Year to everyone as well!!!

I'm definitely thankful for my wonderful friends and family, everyone who has had the graciousness to answer my annoying ass questions on here, one of my friends who completed his mission in Afghanistan with the Marines and is still safe and alive, and for the opportunity to be going to OCS in another month WOO!!

Alpha_Echo_606

Does not play well with others!™
Contributor
Merry Christmas/Happy Hanukkah/Happy Kwanzaa and Happy New Year to everyone as well!

A reminder to everyone traveling over the holidays to be careful, stupid does not take a holiday and it will try to gather as many people as it can. I myself am looking at 3000+ miles of land travel over the next 2 weeks, I'd fly if I could accomplish what I have to do, and sadly that is not an option. :(

[highlight]BE SAFE! [/highlight]

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Merry Christmas/Happy Hanukkah/Happy Kwanzaa and Happy New Year to everyone as well!

I Alpha Echo this well said sentiment to all AWs & Families...young, old & in in betwixt (Brett)!;)
Drive safe, especially in the blizzardy areas.
BzB

Random8145

I always thought of Christmas, in general, as a time for giving gifts, not materialism. But even then, the gift-giving is just an "icing on the cake" sort of thing to me. I can easily have Christmas without gifts. Family, friends, decorating, etc...are most important :)

I think they also celebrate Christmas, or a form of it, in Russia too (big guy in red coat brings gifts).

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
While I find your point about Christians founding this country, so we should all be christian, bullshit (Yeah, I know that's not what you said, but close enough), I WILL agree that "Happy Holidays" seems so non-committal and soft.

I don't know about any of other holidays besides Christmas and Chanukkah, so I can't comment on that. But what I WILL say is the Chanukkah is the biggest bullshit holiday and LEAST important holiday in the Jewish Calendar. So with that, as a Jew, I say Merry Christmas, because in my mind it is the only really important holiday occurring this time of the year.

That being said, if I'm speaking to a middle-eastern family or Hindu person, of course I'll offer a more generic salutation, but if I'm stumbling through Biloxi and go to buy a water from the gas station, I'll merrily say my farewells to Bubba with a "Merry Christmas!"

So may I offer all Christians on this board a very hearty, and Jewish, "MERRY CHRISTMAS!"

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
....So may I offer all Christians on this board a very hearty, and Jewish, "MERRY CHRISTMAS!"
Thanks, Otto ... and 'MERRY CHRISTMAS' to you, too ... it's that time of the year ... so thanks to you & yours for being in the squadron so you can take the duty on Christmas ... :D