• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Meridian Skeet/Trap Range

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Just found and went to the NAS Meridian skeet/trap range today. It's awesome. You just tell the base police that you're going "hot" on the range and then drive out there. I also didn't know there was a lake and camp grounds near it, and I've been here for 5 months. Go figure. The range is well used, there is wadding all over the place, and we added about 150 more to it ;)

beau

did you have to register you're guns?? Are the clay pigons free?? I'll shoot with you bra!

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
You have to register your guns with Pass & Tag. It's a simple form that just requires the serial number of your firearm. We brought our own clays and thrower, since the towers and bunker aren't normally active. I guess they only turn them on for competitions and events. It's pretty sweet though.

I sent you a PM.

bulldozer3

pilot
are there any decent skeet/sporting clay ranges in Corpus? Just purchased a nice Weatherby 12 guage o/u i'd like to put to good use. All my previous shooting has been in Georgia.

Also, do you need to be a member at these clubs, or can you just go in and shoot....?

RumorBuster

Old Warrior
I can get the towers open if you want them. They usually shoot around noon on Sat/Sun. I'm an RSO and have a key if you got to shoot bad.....

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I have a hand thrower that works, but I've never shot with the towers, I may call on you sometime... :)

beau

hey Fly,

Shooting on Sunday??? I'm got some Preload time to kill! And about 50 12 guage rounds I need to dispose of. Let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.