• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Meridian MS rentals

Montana12

I am moving to Meridian in May and was hoping to get any input on renting a house or apartment. There’s not a whole lot online and was curious to see if anyone on here has lived in the area or has any potential leads. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

FinkUFreaky

pilot
My info is a little dated (about ten years) but when I lived there as a student I did on base. It was possible if married or if single they would put two single guys in one house. There was kinda a whole block of students on base with block parties etc. Some folks lived out by the lake but it was a bit pricier. They didn’t have much on the rental market or any apartments of note when I was looking…

Montana12

My info is a little dated (about ten years) but when I lived there as a student I did on base. It was possible if married or if single they would put two single guys in one house. There was kinda a whole block of students on base with block parties etc. Some folks lived out by the lake but it was a bit pricier. They didn’t have much on the rental market or any apartments of note when I was looking…
Thank you for the feedback, I appreciate it!

Hopeful Hoya

pilot
Contributor
Like @FinkUFreaky said, a decent number of people live on base. That was more the married studs. When I was there (~4 years ago) most of the single studs lived on Dalewood, which is a lake 15 mins from base. It was always the party spot, lots of people had boats, etc. I didn’t live there but I think people filled openings mostly by word of mouth, so I’d say hit up your buddies that are up there already and if there are open spots in houses they should be able to point you in the right direction.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Same for me 15ish years ago.....Dalewood was where most of the single folk lived. I lived out in town, near the strip of restaurants on the north end of town, whatever that was called. Easy commute in. Can't remember how long it was, but couldn't have been more than 15-20 mins. You guys still have Frenchies? They had a pretty good party house at the time on the lake, complete with some old Firebird or something they passed along from one wingee to new check in. Seemed like they had Meridian pretty dialed in at the time