• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Meridian Housing - Comprehensive List

donna Blackwell

Have a rental ready in just a few weeks. 4 bedrooms 3 bts. gameroom, pool with hot tub and close to town and the base. please call 601-917-2123

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
Selected Meridian today out of VT-6. Won't have orders until next week, but probably showing up around the end of July. Been looking on AHRN and the pickings seem pretty slim. Anybody know of any 3/2 places at or under BAH? I've heard that North Hill/Briarwood are the places to be. I have a dog and a kid that is about to start kindergarten, so pets/schools are a factor too. Thanks ahead of time!

AUtiger

Crossing over to the dark side
pilot
Best bet is to call around to the realty companies and see what they have or know. Worked best for me and I lived in North Hills

usmarinemike

Solidly part of the 42%.
pilot
Contributor
Lived in North Hills. If I had to do it over again, I might have lived on base. The houses aren't amazing, but they had a really tight community.

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
I've heard base housing is a good option as well. I plan on putting my name on the list when orders get cut. Thanks!

TheYeti

Moving up Nov 9th-ish if anyone has any houses for rent. Looking for around at least 1000 sq ft and have a wife, no kids or pets. Feel free to call or text me if you have something available.
817-966-4658

pourts

former Marine F/A-18 pilot & FAC, current MBA stud
pilot
Moving up Nov 9th-ish if anyone has any houses for rent. Looking for around at least 1000 sq ft and have a wife, no kids or pets. Feel free to call or text me if you have something available.
817-966-4658

Have you seen any zaps of yourself at FBOs around the country/ world? If you haven't yet, keep your eyes open for "the yeti" stickers when you go on XC through different FBOs and base ops.

"...at least I smell bad"

TheYeti

Have you seen any zaps of yourself at FBOs around the country/ world? If you haven't yet, keep your eyes open for "the yeti" stickers when you go on XC through different FBOs and base ops.

"...at least I smell bad"

Haha, yes I have actually! Saw one in Savannah at the fbo. I was honored.

Birdbrain

pilot
Some updated gouge during the times of Covid

Woodlands/Northwoods Apartments
  1. Pros
    1. On HWY39, the gateway to getting anywhere in Meridian
    2. Close to grocery shopping, golf courses, and restaurants
    3. 25 minutes to the flight line
  2. Cons
    1. 25 minutes to the flight line
    2. Cost about as much as BAH
    3. Apartments
Dalewood
  1. Pros
    1. Dalewood Mafia community
    2. There's a lake
    3. Real houses
  2. Cons
    1. Houses can be a tad run down
    2. Far from everything
    3. Houses are expensive
On Base Housing
  1. Pros
    1. On base
    2. Everything you could ever want, except for a golf course now, is within a few minutes drive
    3. 5 minutes to the flight line
  2. Cons
    1. On base
    2. Farthest away from any kind of off-base shopping
    3. 5 minutes to the flight line
North Hills
  1. Pros
    1. Real houses
    2. Near restaurants and shopping
    3. About as far from base as North Hills/Woodlands
  2. Cons
    1. Houses are expensive
I don't think anybody lives or rents downtown anymore. If I missed a housing area feel free to add. This is just my overall perception.