• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Meps

cwyx

Ive had a heck of a time trying to get cleared to go to meps. This is because they kept asking for letters from my doctors about this and that from my medical history documentation that i filled out. This has been going on for about a month back and forth...The OSO tells me i need a letter saying im physically ok..i tell the doctor, he gives me a letter that says almost what it needed to say..MEPS doesnt accept it and i go through this again and again. Now i finally got a good letter from my doctor. It went to meps a week and a half ago. The OSO called me and said yea theyre gonna accept you this time theyre gonna send him some paperwork. 2 days later theres no paperwork. I keep calling the oso everyday to ask if he had gotten the paperwork but he doesnt. Sorry for the long post but this is starting to get on my nerves because of the back and forth thing with the doctors. Does meps usually lag like this. EVERYTHING else is done except for meps and my PFT which i cant do till meps clears me!!!! I dont want to keep bothing my OSO by calling him day after day.

Lonestar155

is good to go
When it comes down to paperwork and I don't feel like bothering my OSO , I usually contact the Staff Sergeant. After all he is the one who deals with the paper work and things along those lines.

A.Kuettel

I know your pain, i had add when i was a kid and it took forever to get all my med docs taken care of. My best advice to you is just sit back and wait. It took me nearly two months for bumed to clear me.

cwyx

haha ive talked to the staff sergent and the 2LTS and the secretary i think im starting to piss all of them off because i call like everyday to check the progress. By the way how much say does an OSO have when it comes to board selection.. i mean does he give a personal opinion of the candidate or whatever? thats why i dont want to piss him off

scotty008

Back at last
pilot
He writes up a paragraph or so about you that goes before the board. Most will show it to you before submitting your package.

cwyx

and why is meps LAGGING so much!! how long did your guys' faxes and correspondance take between the oso and meps. I was told no more than 48 hours but its been almost 2 weeks and all they have to do is fax a paper over!

joboy_2.0

professional undergraduate
Contributor
I know the feeling. It took them forever to get me to MEPS (about a month or so from when I was ready to go) because I had a one-time blood condition as a child that has been asymptomatic for like 16 years. Well I lived in Canada that long ago, and who the hell knows what happened to my doctor, so I had my doctor from LA fax a letter saying the last blood test he did was fine and I was good to go. Another week later, they schedule me for MEPS...what a pain!

Fast forward to post-MEPS waiting for final select. I got a call from the OPO saying the letter from my doc saying I was good to go, was fine for MEPS but not for my final select, so my he told me to get another blood test. I rush to health services and get a blood test that afternoon. Another 2 weeks or so later, I get selected. That call came after like a month of waiting for final select. Its a pain, but it certainly weeds out the people who don't really WANT it. :D

cwyx

yeah it does...i tried so hard to make the nov. 20 board for PLC selection too...i actually hand carried each of my PIQ (LOR) forms to each person to fill out so that i woudlnt have to wait for snail mail. i guess theres another board on Dec 27 or somthing?

skim

Teaching MIDN how to drift a BB
None
Contributor
and why is meps LAGGING so much!! how long did your guys' faxes and correspondance take between the oso and meps. I was told no more than 48 hours but its been almost 2 weeks and all they have to do is fax a paper over!
Its all bureaucracy. There were times I was cleared and then the dates moved around, then told to report, arrived, got my ear talked off by some braggart at the hotel, got up early, told I was not going through that day due to paperwork issues, pleaded with them, got yelled at by a nurse for being late (I wasn't, I was held up cause of the pleading), got tested, got a hold on my report, get to go back soon........

flyerstud4

Ive had a heck of a time trying to get cleared to go to meps. This is because they kept asking for letters from my doctors about this and that from my medical history documentation that i filled out. This has been going on for about a month back and forth...The OSO tells me i need a letter saying im physically ok..i tell the doctor, he gives me a letter that says almost what it needed to say..MEPS doesnt accept it and i go through this again and again. Now i finally got a good letter from my doctor. It went to meps a week and a half ago. The OSO called me and said yea theyre gonna accept you this time theyre gonna send him some paperwork. 2 days later theres no paperwork. I keep calling the oso everyday to ask if he had gotten the paperwork but he doesnt. Sorry for the long post but this is starting to get on my nerves because of the back and forth thing with the doctors. Does meps usually lag like this. EVERYTHING else is done except for meps and my PFT which i cant do till meps clears me!!!! I dont want to keep bothing my OSO by calling him day after day.

Here is my suggestion: I would probably stop bugging your OSO so much, because it's more then likely not in his hands right now, its an issue with MEPS. Perhaps call once a week. My next suggestion is to relax about it, because unless you are shooting for the Jan OCC class, which is very soon, you wont be able to go to Quantico til May anyway. So while you wait, PT now so that you will have no issues with OCS later next summer;)
Semper Fi

cwyx

OSO called me back today... I had to go to his office and sign some papers...i guess my case is goign to BUMED? Anyways thanks for the advice guys. My oso was really cool when i went in to see him i dont think its pissing him off as much as i thought, i think he appreciates that im keeping tabs and really want this.