• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

MEPS showdown

speedroller

Rangers
I might of misunderstood the whole process then. How I interpreted it was, go to MEPS, they determine if I am within specs, if not, apply for a waiver. 6 mo. recovery period, MEPS visit would determine if the waiver applies. Am I on the correct path of thought?

exNavyOffRec

I might of misunderstood the whole process then. How I interpreted it was, go to MEPS, they determine if I am within specs, if not, apply for a waiver. 6 mo. recovery period, MEPS visit would determine if the waiver applies. Am I on the correct path of thought?

waiver for what? if your vision is outside limits there is no waiver, it is go or no go.

UDPATE: Just got back to MEPS and did everything with integrity. I was able to move forward and got approved for everything! I did have to go to another Hospital to get more refractive readings for my eyes but got cleared. Hopefully I can get my professional recommendation squared away! I feel like a huge weight has been lifted!

Sundevil106150

I got LASIK back in January. All you have to do is bring the documentation that your doctor did and also have your doctor fill out and sign one little sheet of paper that the recruiter gives you. There is a pre op part on the paper then 2 other things exactly the same format asking the same questions at a 3 month post op and then a 6 month post op. Not sure why your OR said LASIK before MEPS is a big no. 3 OR's that I talked to before I began the process of applying to OCS said its a no without getting LASIK first. LASIK and then you can enter through the door to become an SNA (along with other factors).

Got my professional recommendation squared away yesterday. While getting my other transcripts I did find out I was careless in that I thought I was put on academic probation at a college I attended a while back but after calling and digging it up it was a suspension (was worried because the only one I put at MEPS was for fighting in high school). I talked to my recruiter worried that my goose was cooked but he told me I'll be fine. I'm just glad I have this opportunity and even happier to see how much I've improved as a person in terms of getting my degree with a reasonably high GPA.

If there is anything I've learned from signing up to AW is that to be confident in my application and to just roll with the punches.

Have a great weekend guys and gals!